A reminder about forum etiquette & rules.

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Kevio
Forum Admin & Kiesel Guitars Webmaster
Forum Admin & Kiesel Guitars Webmaster
Links/Contact:

A reminder about forum etiquette & rules.

Postby Kevio » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:09 pm

The BBS has been running kinda fast and loose lately, so it's that time to remind everyone that this isn't the wild, wild west. By and large, the vast majority of people here follow the rules and behave themselves - however, like every other nook and cranny of the Internet, there are a few who have passed through that for some reason can't "play nice".

And as much as I hate to, repeat offenders will be shown the door (as I did to a member earlier today - and on the subject of that, don't ask me for the details. It was warranted and agreed upon by myself and the PTB).

It's really not that hard. The three main rules are at the top of every page. It's also in the user agreement you said "I Agree" to when you registered.

And I shouldn't have to spell out every little thing. Insulting other members, bad-mouthing our endorsers, intentionally spreading mis-information - that's bad. Profanity - bad. If you wouldn't say it to your boss, grandmother or 5 year-old daughter, don't say it here. And lately I've seen posts about how "ugly" a person's guitar is (or an In Stock) - hey! Somebody built that! Or somebody bought it! Regardless, there are better ways of saying you don't like something that "that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen". What if that was your guitar?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that as anonymous as the Internet is, there really are people on the other end of the wire reading what you say. If you wouldn't say it to their face, then you shouldn't post it here.

And I realize that sometimes, you're just trying to be funny. But your sense of humor (or mine) may not translate over the wires the way you intended, and people get offended, or mad, or just leave. I get many, many "reported posts" and PMs from members who feel insulted or otherwise offended (the posts that resulting in the banning was a good example - I got inundated). Quite frankly, I don't have time to babysit, and really, I shouldn't have to. You're all big boys and girls.

So, please keep things civil. Watch the language. Remember this is a Carvin-funded and Carvin-sponsored BBS, and the craftsmen and women who create Carvin gear take their work seriously and with pride, as do I with the work I do here.

With all that said, thanks to the many, many of you who do follow the rules, play nice, help others and make my job a little easier. I appreciate it.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars