$100 Off Custom Shop Options!

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

mge80
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: re: $100 Off Custom Shop Options!

Postby mge80 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:20 pm

soliloquy wrote:can anyone explain to me how 'rebate' works? not just for Carvin, but
other stores/retail as well. it seems EVERYTHING has a dollar sign on it saying
the regular price and then after rebate...yet, what the hell is rebate?!
and how does 'mail-in-rebate' work?

but yeah, i'd also like to know when this promo would be going until.

I suppose it varies with what company/product you are dealing with. Some are "instant rebates", which means that amount comes right off the top of the purchase price...like a discount. Most (if not all) "mail in rebates" are just that. You pay whatever is the cost of the item, mail in the completed rebate form along with your receipt or other "proof of purchase", wait a while (6 weeks maybe), then get a check in the mail.

As far as how long this promo is going...I'm certain they will have several more promos over the years before you ever get around to actually ordering anything...assuming that ever happens at all. :P

86general
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

re: $100 Off Custom Shop Options!

Postby 86general » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:42 am

This really bugs me. I just finished getting a guitar. I want another one now, to get the good deal. But I think my wife would kill me.

A C66? Or I've been thinking of a neck-thru, like an SC90.

soliloquy
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby soliloquy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:26 am

mge80 wrote:
soliloquy wrote:can anyone explain to me how 'rebate' works? not just for Carvin, but
other stores/retail as well. it seems EVERYTHING has a dollar sign on it saying
the regular price and then after rebate...yet, what the hell is rebate?!
and how does 'mail-in-rebate' work?

but yeah, i'd also like to know when this promo would be going until.

I suppose it varies with what company/product you are dealing with. Some are "instant rebates", which means that amount comes right off the top of the purchase price...like a discount. Most (if not all) "mail in rebates" are just that. You pay whatever is the cost of the item, mail in the completed rebate form along with your receipt or other "proof of purchase", wait a while (6 weeks maybe), then get a check in the mail.

As far as how long this promo is going...I'm certain they will have several more promos over the years before you ever get around to actually ordering anything...assuming that ever happens at all. :P

thanks for the reply

and as for me ordering. i'm just waiting to sell 4 of my guitars. 3 of them are pending payment, but i gave em the deadline of about 2 more weeks. if those 3 are sold by then, then i'll pull the trigger regardless of if the 4th is sold by then, and sell that later on...

mge80
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby mge80 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 am

Yeah....if you couldn't tell, that last part was just a bit of a joke. 8)

soliloquy
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby soliloquy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:36 am

mge80 wrote:Yeah....if you couldn't tell, that last part was just a bit of a joke. 8)

:P
if you're a part of ss.org you'd realize i have been drooling over a Carvin for about 3 or 4 years.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:03 pm

I can't help but think that the companies that run mail-in-rebates frequenty just assume, and even include in their profit projections, a minimum number of customers that [won't even bother to/forget to] send in their rebate information, and among those that do, how many will still follow-up on their rebates if there are issues.

Back in the day, when you could essentially build a whole computer and fill your closet with CD-Rs for about $17 (after rebate), I used to have huge sreadsheets tracking my rebates, and my follow-up with the various companies. I would say that out of all of the rebates I sent in (and I send in EVERY one the day I get the item, otherwise you WILL forget to do it until after the deadline), I would have to follow-up with about 60-70% of them. Often times they would say that I submitted incomplete paperwork (which was not just inaccurate, but a flat-out lie), and that my rebate was on hold (their fine print tells you that it is your responsibility to check the status for issues...they won't call you.). Of those, there was still about 10-15% that still never sent my money, even after reports to the BBB. Most of these rebate-processing companies simply closed-up shop, and the way the fine print was worded, the actual retailers were not on the hook.

But, that's what I would get for going with no-name products and shady online stores. Stick with places like Best Buy, or any of the Big 3 office supply stores, and they are generally decent at their rebates.

[/mostly off topic rant]

Mooseboy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Mooseboy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:50 am

I have to say that even though I had fully planned to order my next build soon, this offer definitely made me pull the trigger. CS6S is on the way (in six to eight weeks… oh, the pain of waiting!)

truedog
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby truedog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Mooseboy wrote:I have to say that even though I had fully planned to order my next build soon, this offer definitely made me pull the trigger......

Me too!
Just got off the phone with Eddie @ Carvin! I asked him if he knew when the $100 off on options deal would be ending, he told me he couldn't tell me for sure, but he was surprised it didn't end LAST week. Well that prompted me to go ahead and order a new AC375 on the spot.

If you're planning to take advantage of this special, don't dawdle! With the free case offer also going on this saved me $250!

KevinFL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: $100 Off Custom Shop Options!

Postby KevinFL » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Kevio wrote:To kick off Carvin's 65th Anniversary, the Custom Shop is offering our best deals ever on new guitars and basses.  In addition to a $100 Instant Rebate, Free Standard Case, and 50% off all options, you can now take an additional $100 off all options on your new Custom Shop build.  Exotic woods, finishes, inlays, fretwire, electronics upgrades - pick your Custom Shop options for your new build, and we'll take an extra $100 off the price of the options! 

So, if you pick options that total over $100, then we'll take $100 off the total of the options. If your options total less than $100, we'll take off whatever that amount is.

So, do the math - now is the time to save some big bucks on your new guitar or bass! 

I just saved $200 on my order of 2 guitars, the $25 Tweed cases were greatly appreciated as well.

LeftyJay
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby LeftyJay » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:32 pm

truedog wrote:
Mooseboy wrote:I have to say that even though I had fully planned to order my next build soon, this offer definitely made me pull the trigger......

Me too!
Just got off the phone with Eddie @ Carvin! I asked him if he knew when the $100 off on options deal would be ending, he told me he couldn't tell me for sure, but he was surprised it didn't end LAST week. Well that prompted me to go ahead and order a new AC375 on the spot.

If you're planning to take advantage of this special, don't dawdle! With the free case offer also going on this saved me $250!

Or they just say that to everyone they call asking that question so they will order on the spot.

Sorry truedog, but the truth hurts sometimes :)

The good part is : you gonna get a new axe for us to see :)

truedog
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby truedog » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:55 am

LeftyJay wrote:
Or they just say that to everyone they call asking that question so they will order on the spot.

Maybe, though after I placed the order I heard from kevio who said he didn't have solid information, but he HAD thought it would probably end after labor day. I was really close to placing the order anyway so if this pushed me a bit, that's okay. The deal right now is awfully good, especially since they don't always have the free case offer too.

arellanon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby arellanon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:36 pm

truedog wrote:
LeftyJay wrote:

Maybe, though after I placed the order I heard from kevio who said he didn't have solid information, but he HAD thought it would probably end after labor day. I was really close to placing the order anyway so if this pushed me a bit, that's okay. The deal right now is awfully good, especially since they don't always have the free case offer too.

I have my SC90 all ready to order; I just gotta call in and ask for the mod mickeymac made:

Notice the pup selector moved to the lower wing. Also I will have an FT6 on the guitar.

So I plan to put my work bonus to good use.

:drool:

mikeymac
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby mikeymac » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:59 am

Just so you know, that control configuration is considered an option 50 that renders the guitar "unreturnable" since it's not one of their standard control set-ups (weird, I know).

arellanon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby arellanon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:42 pm

mikeymac wrote:Just so you know, that control configuration is considered an option 50 that renders the guitar "unreturnable" since it's not one of their standard control set-ups (weird, I know).

I order a Carvin without any intent to return it.

:mrgreen:

dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dejabluguitar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Please continue this. I had all the funds worked out then, BAM! $100 more. Now I need to rethink things
signed,
a little bummed :(
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band

CMGio
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby CMGio » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Or at least remove the thread now that the sale is over. :|
Arsenal:
2011 DC131C
2012 TL60C
1988 DC125R
2013 CS424
2014 DC600C

Note: Repeated head trauma has potentially damaged this user's credibility.

Danielrocks2

Postby Danielrocks2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:15 pm

CMGio wrote:Or at least remove the thread now that the sale is over. :|

+1

I saw this sale last week and got the funds today to finally get the guitar I wanted but then when I got to the final price, it did not work. :(

Appollyon
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Appollyon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:33 pm

They're handing out coupons after you place an order for your next: $100 off $1000, $150 off $1500, etc.
Last edited by Appollyon on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC727, AC375, SH65, DC800, Bolt, CT74, CT7, CS, SH575, HH2X, HF2, Kiesel edition SCB7C, SCB7H, DC7X, DC7x group buy, Vader7

Danielrocks2

Postby Danielrocks2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Appollyon wrote:Their handing out coupons after you place an order for your next: $100 off $1000, $150 off $1500, etc.

I ordered an SB5000 a year ago and never got a coupon

Appollyon
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Appollyon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Sorry. I meant for recent orders, or at least that's what appears to be going on in place of the $100.
DC727, AC375, SH65, DC800, Bolt, CT74, CT7, CS, SH575, HH2X, HF2, Kiesel edition SCB7C, SCB7H, DC7X, DC7x group buy, Vader7

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars