$100 Off Custom Shop Options!

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

LabyrinthShredder
Carvinite
Carvinite

re: $100 Off Custom Shop Options!

Postby LabyrinthShredder » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:51 pm

I received a coupon in early December. My last guitar arrived on the 20th of that month. The coupon is cool, except for the fact that it expires one month from when you receive it. I'm usually lucky to get one Carvin a year, so ordering another one just a couple weeks after I received my last guitar is practically impossible.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Thanks for keeping this promotion going for so long Carvin!

Evster2012
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Evster2012 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 pm

I used mine this week when I ordered my DC600. It came handy, and might just might have moved my order date ahead a few weeks to take advantage of it. Anyway, between that, the $100 off Direct Price Promotion and all options 50% off, I did pretty darn well. That said, I went all over with a custom color, sort of, Deep Orange Burst with No Burst. No charge for that. However as I was going to fade that Orange to clear for a few extra bills (given time for another paycheck,) putting the expiration date on it kinda forced me to go up the middle, which cost us both the Custom Fade. I'm not that disappointed or I'd have held out and paid the extra Coupon offset, but Carvin actually lost at least $100 in Custom Finish work on the deal. So they might wish to consider lengthening the coupon's validation.

soliloquy
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby soliloquy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 pm

/\ they really should.
it took me about 9ish months to save up for my CS6m. i got the coupon with my CS6m, and it was expiring within 3 weeks or me receiving my guitar.

most people (jack, or Rob_l are excluded from this :P) cant afford something worth more than a grand that close to each other.

if they extended it to maybe 6 months, then that may have forced me to try REALLY hard to try ordering another guitar.
alas, i got my guitar in 2011, and i'm still waiting on a decent deal to drop for me to place an order on a CT424...

Evster2012
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Evster2012 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:18 pm

They caught me at a good time. It's been over 10 years since my last Carvin guitar! :mrgreen:

It's been building in me for some time! :wink:

Altered_Ego
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Altered_Ego » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 am

Same for me. I saved for two years to be able to buy my Bolt. There's no way I would have been able to order another guitar so soon. I do plan on purchasing an amp sometime this year. But, It may be awhile as I have yet to find a job since graduating in Dec. :cry:
Got it: Cobalt 750TS
Got it: Bolt
Got it: SC90
Got it: Ultra-V
Need it: FG1
Got it: Nomad
Got it: Vintage 16
Need it: AG200D

IndianaGentry
Gold Member
Gold Member

Let's have a tax refund sale!!!

Postby IndianaGentry » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:17 am

I see that they are offering $100 off custom shop orders, but I'm hoping the “50% off all optionsâ€
~RORY~
CS6M: Mahogany body/neck, deep sunset burst over quilted maple, rosewood fretboard, abalone block inlays, stainless steel frets, gold hardware
DC127: Maple neck/alder body, aqua burst to clear on quilted maple, birdseye maple w/ stainless frets, chrome knobs/abalone inlays, cream coils

Mike Jones
Kiesel Guitars Sales
Kiesel Guitars Sales

Postby Mike Jones » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 am

The options ARE 50% off...

IndianaGentry
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby IndianaGentry » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 pm

I just put together a guitar, and it only showed "Options discount $100 off". I added $585 in options.
~RORY~

CS6M: Mahogany body/neck, deep sunset burst over quilted maple, rosewood fretboard, abalone block inlays, stainless steel frets, gold hardware

DC127: Maple neck/alder body, aqua burst to clear on quilted maple, birdseye maple w/ stainless frets, chrome knobs/abalone inlays, cream coils

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:48 pm

:idea: I think in the builder, it puts the options with the 50% off already factored in. Then it drops another $100 off at the end.
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

IndianaGentry
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: re: $100 Off Custom Shop Options!

Postby IndianaGentry » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:05 pm

wickid wrote:
:idea: I think in the builder, it puts the options with the 50% off already factored in. Then it drops another $100 off at the end.

I'm curious about this... I looked back at some of my old orders, and certain options (headstock, SS frets) are the same price as what I see in the builder today. The paint job is $380 in the options, and I'm sure they wouldn't charge $760 for paint!
~RORY~

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Re: re: $100 Off Custom Shop Options!

Postby wickid » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 pm

IndianaGentry wrote:
wickid wrote:

I'm curious about this... I looked back at some of my old orders, and certain options (headstock, SS frets) are the same price as what I see in the builder today. The paint job is $380 in the options, and I'm sure they wouldn't charge $760 for paint!

Thats usually the figured wood + color + triple step. Mostly the figured wood cost. Its just how they did it with the builder sometimes. When you 1st choose the top, it doesnt have the cost until you click the color.
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby texastoast » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:55 pm

wickid is right as usual. But I would call to make sure. I called Bart with the same idea, that I was shorted a discount. He was ready for me. That made me think he gets it a lot. But it was factored in to things just as wickid described. Once I did some changes after order but before build and got money back because that option was on special that day. How cool was that.

Jvkeboxhero

Postby Jvkeboxhero » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:36 am

idk about these coupons. i have 0 carvins right now. willbe placing an order for my first as soon as i get my tax refund. id like to have my second by the time the fall rolls around (when my band starts playing new markets) so that coupon would be awesome if it last 6 months, not 1.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars