Kiesel equivalent of Music Man Majesty?

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

horn_solo

Re: Kiesel equivalent of Music Man Majesty?

Postby horn_solo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:59 am

Does the custom control layout make the guitar non-returnable?

arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby arahobob » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:54 pm

horn_solo wrote:Does the custom control layout make the guitar non-returnable?

I would have to assume so.
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

Warg Master
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Warg Master » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:17 am

arahobob wrote:
horn_solo wrote:Does the custom control layout make the guitar non-returnable?

I would have to assume so.

Absolutely.
WooooooD!

DannyB819
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby DannyB819 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:09 pm

I just don't understand why you would get a custom guitar that isn't returnable when you're basing that guitar off a guitar that is returnable, superior, and virtually the same price.

Doc_Shred

Postby Doc_Shred » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 am

DannyB819 wrote:I just don't understand why you would get a custom guitar that isn't returnable when you're basing that guitar off a guitar that is returnable, superior, and virtually the same price.

It's pretty simple actually. I don't like or want a Majesty. Period. I do want a guitar made to the specs I want, in the woods and colour I want. Can you get a Majesty with the options and choices I've made on my guitar? Nope. I do like the layout of JP's guitars. I've played and owned six of them for 20 years so it is my preferred layout regardless of artist or brand association. I was hugely Impressed (and slightly surprised) at how good the quality of my V7X was. It is more than a match for ANY of my JP sigs. And that is a fact, not opinion. Maybe the EBMM trem is a bit better, but I still don't think either are as good as an original Lo Pro Edge (in my opinion).

Here in the UK a brand new base model Majesty is $1100 MORE than what I'm paying for my incredibly highly optioned Kiesel (upgraded top, mastergrade fingerboard. special finish). That is not virtually the same price.

adamag98
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adamag98 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:45 am

I stood next to a Majesty for the first time this weekend. I was surprised how tiny the guitar seemed. I didn't hold it but it was eye level 2 feet from me. Great and unique looking instrument for sure.

In the mass market, I believe that EBMM is similar to Kiesel in that they're forward thinking with new designs. The Majesty, Armada (yum), St. Vincent, etc.

From a quality standpoint they're tough to beat. My Axis is jaw dropping. I love switching back and forth b/w the Axis, Carvin DC400CW, and N4. They're all so different.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars