Just a reminder about the Forums

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

User avatar
JesseM
Social Media
Social Media
Posts: 29
Joined: Oct 2017
Links/Contact:

Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby JesseM » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Hey guys, Jesse Michel here.. Just wanted to say whats up! I'll be on the forums now moderating and helping out everyone. I just wanted to touch on the subject about being respectful. This Kiesel forum was created for people to connect, construct, share, interact, and be part of a family. When talking about subjects and giving your opinions just remember to be respectful and keep in mind that we all have different likes/dislikes. We have a zero tolerance rule, No warnings will be given. You will be banned. This is our home base guys so lets act accordingly. Much love <3 Thanks!

ps. This is NOT a forum for Carvin Audio. No comments or posts about them here. Please and thank you.
Jesse Michel - Artist/Social Media
Image

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 14506
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Welcome aboard the forum! Ha! :rockon:

User avatar
JesseM
Social Media
Social Media
Posts: 29
Joined: Oct 2017
Links/Contact:

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby JesseM » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:48 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Welcome aboard the forum! Ha! :rockon:



Thanks! Glad to be here :)
Jesse Michel - Artist/Social Media
Image

User avatar
Rocky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sep 2016

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby Rocky » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Thanks Jessie for the warning. I don't want to get banned. Looks like some posts have been deleted. Deleting posts will just alienate Kiesel from their customer base.

It is the dedicated people on this forum that provide critical feedback, support and promote Kiesel products. Don't forget that important little detail. Better yet, remind Jeff. :-)

You have to accept that people are going to ask questions about Carvin Audio. Kiesel and Carvin are inseparable. It is just a fact.

Live long and prosper. :-)

User avatar
dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 2153
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Colorado

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby dejabluguitar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 am

appears the 22pole pickup thread is gone.
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band
Image

User avatar
JesseM
Social Media
Social Media
Posts: 29
Joined: Oct 2017
Links/Contact:

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby JesseM » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 am

Rocky wrote:Thanks Jessie for the warning. I don't want to get banned. Looks like some posts have been deleted. Deleting posts will just alienate Kiesel from their customer base.

It is the dedicated people on this forum that provide critical feedback, support and promote Kiesel products. Don't forget that important little detail. Better yet, remind Jeff. :-)

You have to accept that people are going to ask questions about Carvin Audio. Kiesel and Carvin are inseparable. It is just a fact.

Live long and prosper. :-)


Hey Rocky, We want you to give feedback and promote Kiesel products. We just want it to be done in a respectful manner. When it goes from voicing an opinion about a product to judging a person and attacking them verbally thats when things change. Yes some things got deleted because it got way out of hand. :rockon:
Jesse Michel - Artist/Social Media
Image

User avatar
Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1200
Joined: Oct 2013

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby Doctor Doug » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:15 pm

dejabluguitar wrote:appears the 22pole pickup thread is gone.


Too bad. It was a good thread for the most part. It got into some really cool pickup mods and stuff.

User avatar
gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 7162
Joined: May 2010
Location: Western NC

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby gumbynotpokey » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:35 pm

The super - huge tonewood one had some cool data on it.

The baritone guitar product suggestion one had some interesting information on the ERG world.

The gag would be a "Fondly remembered deleted threads" master thread. LOL.

Anyway, I love the BBS. The mods help and the rules do too. The community is amazing.
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

User avatar
Mike Jones
Kiesel Guitars Sales
Kiesel Guitars Sales
Posts: 2207
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby Mike Jones » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Doctor Doug wrote:
dejabluguitar wrote:appears the 22pole pickup thread is gone.


Too bad. It was a good thread for the most part. It got into some really cool pickup mods and stuff.



There's nothing wrong with having a thread about the 22 pole pickups.
Issue is only when people get riled up and act less than cool.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 14506
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Doctor Doug wrote:
dejabluguitar wrote:appears the 22pole pickup thread is gone.


[...] It got into some really cool pickup mods and stuff.


It did, but frankly I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. :?

It was an interesting post about modding pickups. I'd love to see that in it's own thread!

User avatar
Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1200
Joined: Oct 2013

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby Doctor Doug » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:03 pm

I get why it's gone, but I still enjoyed reading it daily.
Sometimes it's fun to complain with groups of people who actually get it....I mean my wife doesn't care. lol

User avatar
Rocky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sep 2016

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby Rocky » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi JesseM,

I would recommend addressing specific users rather than deleting the entire thread. You are throwing out the baby with the proverbial bath water.

Deleting threads is going to kill your already small collection of dedicated Kiesel customers on the forum. These guys/girls are the life blood of Kiesel guitars. They are demanding, dedicated, critical and love the product. That is why they post.

I think a great idea would be for Jeff to get on the forum and post messages and respond to posts. Facebook is ok but it doesn't reach many of the dedicated Kiesel users.

These people are "tone snobs" and know what they are talking about. Jeff should take note. His customers are more than modern day metal heads. They are musicians.

"We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams." --Willy Wonka

Rocky

User avatar
skully13a
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1329
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: Left side of The Rockies

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby skully13a » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:18 pm

I'm with those two. (The previous ones, that's what.)

Anyway, Howdy, Jesse.
SH645
V440T
Purple Bolt!
DC127 Koa
SM212 Stage Master
MB10

User avatar
JesseM
Social Media
Social Media
Posts: 29
Joined: Oct 2017
Links/Contact:

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby JesseM » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:38 am

Rocky wrote:Hi JesseM,

I would recommend addressing specific users rather than deleting the entire thread. You are throwing out the baby with the proverbial bath water.

Deleting threads is going to kill your already small collection of dedicated Kiesel customers on the forum. These guys/girls are the life blood of Kiesel guitars. They are demanding, dedicated, critical and love the product. That is why they post.

I think a great idea would be for Jeff to get on the forum and post messages and respond to posts. Facebook is ok but it doesn't reach many of the dedicated Kiesel users.

These people are "tone snobs" and know what they are talking about. Jeff should take note. His customers are more than modern day metal heads. They are musicians.

"We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams." --Willy Wonka

Rocky


I didn't delete a single thing though. haha. I totally hear you guys. The only thing I was saying is do it with respect. Young, old, metal, rock, jazz, blues. It doesn't matter where we come from as long as we treat each other with respect. Being critical is one thing, but putting down people and threatening is another thing. I'm just here to be a positive and helping force. You will see in a different post, Mike told you guys he deleted that thread. Thanks
Jesse Michel - Artist/Social Media
Image

User avatar
Mike Jones
Kiesel Guitars Sales
Kiesel Guitars Sales
Posts: 2207
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego

Re: Just a reminder about the Forums

Postby Mike Jones » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:40 am

Hey Rocky, we do appreciate you all - truly do.
We also want everyone to feel comfortable around here.
All we asked was that things stay civil and to keep C.A. stuff off of here.

Also Jesse's not deleting threads, I am.


Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: StudioHack and 5 guests