Lithium mod on 22 pole pickup thread

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

UnexplodedCow
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Lithium mod on 22 pole pickup thread

Postby UnexplodedCow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Hmmm, the Lithiums I have use a PC board as the bottom plate. Definitely not metal. It's not a bad idea, as it will impart less eddy currents within the pickup. Any metal, even aluminum, will cause eddy currents. Plastic, wood, gypsum board, starched fabric should all be fine. Even springs impart currents, which is why some makers use rubber tubing in place of springs.

I wonder how these small changes would affect a Lithium.or maybe an imbalance with only 1 helper magnet removed.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby texastoast » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 pm

The old memory must be getting worse. I checked my six/seven/ and multi lithium's and you are right. They are fiber. But they are shinny so maybe I just thought they were or like I said the memory is failing. Sorry about the misinformation.

relias7505
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby relias7505 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:51 am

Just comment on the old thread that go deleted, couldn't they just delete certain replies instead of the whole thing?!
My Kiesel/Carvin collection: ST300 (M22SD bridge, S60A middle, Twin Blade neck), SCB6 (S22B bridge, S22J neck), Bolt Classic (AP11's in all positions), SH550 (S22T in the neck and bridge), AC375 and CL450. Also a Carvin V3M 50watt head with a Carvin 1x12 cabinet and Fender Jazz Bass.

arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby arahobob » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:24 pm

JesseM wrote:Oops! Meant to post the link so you didn't have to go searching :) Its the very first video in the list.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/kieselguita ... e_internal

Thanks for sharing the link.
An interesting bit of video. Some of the points made don't really come across well. He's putting himself out there, making these points - I feel compelled to reply, especially if I disagree.

Jeff doesn't understand why people are upset to lose the 22s?
People like them. They dislike the replacement. Hence the complaining. It's not hard to understand.

Since he's telling the customers (transparency) that they're going away - " quit complaining"?
Transparent or not, fans of any company will complain when you make changes they don't like, it's kind of how it goes.

The reason they're going away is because Mark thinks the Lithiums are better than all of the other pickups from before?
This I don't buy. My guess is it's more streamlining the way the business is going, more focus on guitars, less on pups. The modern market for the newer lines seems quick to swap them out for any of the current flavors of the month.

Too aggressive of a pup for some? I don't even know what this means tbh. I'm a huge fan of "aggressive" music and guitars, yet I don't like the LIthiums - not one bit.
I built one guitar with them, returned it, and built three more without them.
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars