Selfish Request?.. My Fat Boy

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

glennfin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Selfish Request?.. My Fat Boy

Postby glennfin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 pm

I've had my HF2S order in for about 5 weeks now... checking every day for a sneak peek but no joy so far.... (hint hint).. :mrgreen:
Carvin HH1X
Mesa Express 5:25+ head with Full stack of mini rectifier cabs..

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Selfish Request?.. My Fat Boy

Postby Bob C » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Are you looking on the Kiesel/Carvin Facebook page? I'm doing the same thing. I ordered my Aries bass six weeks ago and can't resist peeking every day, even though I don't expect to see it yet.

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby texastoast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:58 pm

You might be a bit early. Those pics on facebook are only one or two days from shipping. Mine shipped the same day as the photo.

Does it not suck that the whole experience makes you act like a five year old the day before Christmas. No matter how much you tell yourself you will be an adult, you cant keep your mind off of it. I had one 5 weeks late once. Oh the agony.

Once it ships, I try to only track it once.(every ten seconds) On delivery day 100 trucks that sound like the delivery guy will be driving up and down your street just to get your hopes up.

Mr Seafoam
Links/Contact:

Postby Mr Seafoam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:58 pm

It's been 10 weeks on my Aries without a peep or pic so you guys better chill out LOL :mrgreen:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 pm

Deleted...wrong thread!
Last edited by spudmunkey on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omsong
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Omsong » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Mr Seafoam wrote:It's been 10 weeks on my Aries without a peep or pic so you guys better chill out LOL :mrgreen:

Yep, I watched all the video walk through's and guitars of the day and never saw my HH2 till the day I opened it's case. Your guitar has to be something extra special to get Jeff's attention.

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby texastoast » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:43 am

Omsong wrote:
Mr Seafoam wrote:It's been 10 weeks on my Aries without a peep or pic so you guys better chill out LOL :mrgreen:

Yep, I watched all the video walk through's and guitars of the day and never saw my HH2 till the day I opened it's case. Your guitar has to be something extra special to get Jeff's attention.

My guitar made pic of the day and it was plain as they come. No top wood, no fancy options. Also, I do not think it is Jeff that selects and takes the pictures. I am pretty sure he did not take my picture because his OCD does not allow the toggle switch to be left in the neck position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

glennfin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby glennfin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:09 am

Yea, I know it's early.... and I do follow the daily photos on facebook. When I had my HH1X built a few years ago they posted a photo part way through the build.... I have to be patient :shock: :shock:
Carvin HH1X

Mesa Express 5:25+ head with Full stack of mini rectifier cabs..

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Hey texastoast,

Your guitar is beautiful!

Yeah, I'm not expecting to see pics of my bass soon. And actually, the wait and suspense is part of the thrill of the whole process. But as has been said, I told myself I'd forget about it to make the time pass more quickly. Well, that didn't happen.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 pm

I couldn't even imagine ordering something that took more than a few months. :shock: I think the longest I've ever had to wait for something I've ordered was 24 weeks for a piece of furniture, and it was just because it was on back-order, and the next shipment from EU wasn't coming for a while (until they had enough to fill a container), and then it took 5 weeks to land locally.

That drove me nuts.

AND IT WASNT EVEN FOR ME! It was for a client! :lol:

Mr Seafoam
Links/Contact:

Postby Mr Seafoam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Omsong wrote:

Yep, I guess my beautiful Aries wasn't extra special enough...oh wait....! :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

11 weeks and 3 days but she's finally ready! And better than I even expected! Thank you Chris, Jeff, and all involved with this one. Unbelievable!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omsong
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Omsong » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:21 pm

Gorgeous!

Mr Seafoam
Links/Contact:

Postby Mr Seafoam » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:17 am

Thank you Omsong! The last few days between them shipping and me receiving it will be the worst of the wait, especially after seeing how perfect it came out! I'm dying to hear this one as I had fun with the pickup choices and switching. I have a feeling it's going to be killer!

Omsong
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Omsong » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Mr Seafoam wrote:Thank you Omsong! The last few days between them shipping and me receiving it will be the worst of the wait, especially after seeing how perfect it came out! I'm dying to hear this one as I had fun with the pickup choices and switching. I have a feeling it's going to be killer!

The wait is a killer, plus I missed a Saturday FedEx delivery and had to wait until Tuesday to finally get my HH2 since FedEx no longer has Monday home deliveries!

Mr Seafoam
Links/Contact:

Postby Mr Seafoam » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Omsong wrote:The wait is a killer, plus I missed a Saturday FedEx delivery and had to wait until Tuesday to finally get my HH2 since FedEx no longer has Monday home deliveries!

Wow I didn't realize they cut out Monday home deliveries, definitely good to know. I typically change the delivery to a FedEx location anyway so the guitar doesn't sit outside on the porch. Too many dishonest creeps these days.

Omsong
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Omsong » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm with you on that; after I missed the delivery I had it re-routed to the local FedEx ship center to be held for my pickup.

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:01 am

Mr Seafoam,

I saw that pic on Kiesel's facebook yesterday (I think?). Just a beautiful finish!

Fed Ex doesn't deliver on Mondays??

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:03 am

glennfin wrote:Yea, I know it's early.... and I do follow the daily photos on facebook. When I had my HH1X built a few years ago they posted a photo part way through the build.... I have to be patient :shock: :shock:

True, I still see photos of unfinished bodies and so on. If it has unique features, you can identify it as your order.

Omsong
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Omsong » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:47 am

Bob C wrote:Mr Seafoam,

I saw that pic on Kiesel's facebook yesterday (I think?). Just a beautiful finish!

Fed Ex doesn't deliver on Mondays??

Their agent told me that they only deliver to businesses on Mondays.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:24 am

That's correct. Residential delivery is T-F only, and Saturday as an upgrade option for both...at least through FedEx directly, not sure if Kiesel offers that option.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery