Live Stream Updates

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Live Stream Updates

Postby spudmunkey » Wed May 13, 2020 3:49 pm

It sounds like since they've started offering color selection on the roasted maple, that the dark was the most popular but is also the one they get the least out of when they roast a batch. So as of now, there's a $60 charge to select darker. They are going to put that charge in place for a while, but if demand is still too high, they might raise it from there as well. From the start, Jeff's mentioned that this was probably going to be the case, so no suprise there.

Ladies t-shirts and tank shirts are roughly 10-ish days away.

Kiesel's been adding a free single face mask in the guitar cases they've been shipping the last few days.

Kiesel color contest does indeed need to be a guitar or bass to win (someone asked who I think played cello).

wickid
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Thu May 14, 2020 12:51 pm

wickid wrote:
New merch … 1st Kiesel items ordered in years.
Picked up the masks (great idea!), shirt, mug (even tho I have a ton of coffee mugs), and for grins - patch (have no idea why - just $5). All in green ('cept the mug).
8)
Tone report upon arrival. :mrgreen: Altho I hear on the interwebs that the masks sound like a mouth with a blanket over it. :mrgreen:

I tried the shirt on. Lands End tshirts Large is perfect on me (on my 5' 10" 205 lb +/- frame), for reference. This is rather thin material, so will probably be comfortable in summer heat. Fit is OK, a smidge tight-ish. Havent washed it yet, which I always do prior to normal wearing, so not sure how it shrinks or maintains. I can never tell from those wash-tag "icons" (what is wash hot or wash cold??), but I suppose it is wash delicate, maybe cold, dry low or air dry (like some golf shirts these days). I should probably wash the masks with it - they also have that new-clothes smell, which I don't care for, hence the pre-wash ritual.
The green logo roc … er, I mean is RAD!!! :mrgreen:
(Wish the mug had it.)
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

wickid
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Mon May 18, 2020 10:26 am

wickid wrote:
wickid wrote:
New merch … 1st Kiesel items ordered in years.
Picked up the masks (great idea!), shirt, mug (even tho I have a ton of coffee mugs), and for grins - patch (have no idea why - just $5). All in green ('cept the mug).
8)
Tone report upon arrival. :mrgreen: Altho I hear on the interwebs that the masks sound like a mouth with a blanket over it. :mrgreen:

I tried the shirt on. Lands End tshirts Large is perfect on me (on my 5' 10" 205 lb +/- frame), for reference. This is rather thin material, so will probably be comfortable in summer heat. Fit is OK, a smidge tight-ish. Havent washed it yet, which I always do prior to normal wearing, so not sure how it shrinks or maintains. I can never tell from those wash-tag "icons" (what is wash hot or wash cold??), but I suppose it is wash delicate, maybe cold, dry low or air dry (like some golf shirts these days). I should probably wash the masks with it - they also have that new-clothes smell, which I don't care for, hence the pre-wash ritual.
The green logo roc … er, I mean is RAD!!! :mrgreen:
(Wish the mug had it.)

FYI - After-wash tshirt update. 1 wash in and it didn't shrink much. The fit is very similar to every other Carvin tee I ever bought. The large fits, is a bit snug - I have a gut these days, but not pear-shaped. Feels like if I went 1 size up to XL, it'd be too loose, like I'm right on the fence of which was the correct size. I up-sized on a jacket 1 time with the intent to wear as an outer layer, and that was the wrong call then.
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed May 20, 2020 4:23 pm

White limba has been getting phased out due to low demand...and they've officially used up the last of what they had. Black limba is still goin' strong, though.

While Jeff was live premiering the neck-through Aries, someone called up to order one in a gloss finish, and then when the order was totaled up, the customer added a 2nd one to the order, exactly the same, but in satin. :lol:

mbardu
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby mbardu » Wed May 20, 2020 5:24 pm

spudmunkey wrote:White limba has been getting phased out due to low demand...and they've officially used up the last of what they had. Black limba is still goin' strong, though.

While Jeff was live premiering the neck-through Aries, someone called up to order one in a gloss finish, and then when the order was totaled up, the customer added a 2nd one to the order, exactly the same, but in satin. :lol:

Nooooooooooooooooooo!
When tung-oiled, white limba was literally the best neck feel there was.

For sure was going to be on my next bolt-on build :( :(

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed May 20, 2020 5:27 pm

mbardu wrote:For sure was going to be on my next bolt-on build :( :(

bummer dude! :( Unforunately, necks were the first place they were filterred out (no 5-piece necks with white limba) a while back, but they kept it around for bodies and the occational top until apparently recently.

mbardu
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby mbardu » Wed May 20, 2020 5:32 pm

spudmunkey wrote:
mbardu wrote:For sure was going to be on my next bolt-on build :( :(

bummer dude! :( Unforunately, necks were the first place they were filterred out (no 5-piece necks with white limba) a while back, but they kept it around for bodies and the occational top until apparently recently.

Will just have to buy used. Maybe re-buy the "Gilmour" bolt I stupidly sold 2 years back :lol:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed May 27, 2020 4:10 pm

In case anyone was interested, standard tops are .18" thick, approx 4.5mm. Crescent and carved-tops are thicker, or course.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Wed May 27, 2020 8:21 pm

spudmunkey wrote:In case anyone was interested, standard tops are .18" thick, approx 4.5mm. Crescent and carved-tops are thicker, or course.

Thick enough to not be a veneer, but not really thick enough to affect tone.
That's okay.

The top on my '98 DC is 10mm. The top on my C66 is 5mm.
4.5mm is only a little thinner than that. 8)
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery