NGD - Purple SH445 > New Photos Added!

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

emmettsc
Carvinite
Carvinite

re: NGD - Purple SH445

Postby emmettsc » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:44 pm

AMAZEFEST!!!!

That is an incredible instrument. Enjoy!
SH550
CT6m
CT4
B40
Cobalt C250
84' X-100B
Nomad

pbiz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby pbiz » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Oh wow, it really came out amazing!!! I love the satin purple! I have a gold top sh445 on order....now Im wondering if I should have gone satin!?! Anyway congratulations, absolutely beautiful guitar!

pbiz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby pbiz » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:44 pm

I love the bigsby too...how is the tuning stability so far? I cant stop looking at the pics of this guitar!! WOWZA!!!

mbardu
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby mbardu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:41 pm

That's a pretty wild build ... that turned out awesome :applause:

Not usually a fan of Bigsbies, but here it's a great match.
How is tuning stability?

pastordave2
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby pastordave2 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:42 pm

"Purple Passion". WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:
AE185, AC375, CT624 Claro Walnut
Legacy 3 half stack
AG100D
Fender super sonic 22
Taylor 316CE
PRS custom 24
Eleven rack and too many pedals

Appollyon
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Appollyon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 pm

PERFECT!
DC727, AC375, SH65, DC800, Bolt, CT74, CT7, CS, SH575, HH2X, HF2, Kiesel edition SCB7C, SCB7H, DC7X, DC7x group buy, Vader7

Coda
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Coda » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:50 pm

OK, Mail time!

DannyB819 wrote:LOVE LOVE LOVE the special paint on the heel. That's how they should do them all.

truedog wrote:Carvin should model their neck heel masking on this guitar and make it standard on SH's with a tung oiled neck. Perfection!

dejabluguitar wrote:+1 on that and include the CS as well

Jimkatoom wrote:... And I agree completely with Truedog, that your masking around the neck should be STANDARD FROM NOW ON!! Hear, hear :applause: :applause:

Hear, hear indeed! The Carvinite crowd has spoken! I've seen it done both ways and I really wanted to feel that tung-on-maple goodness all the way up to the body. I sent Keith this pic:
and he said they'd do it for a small upcharge. It obviously adds some production time, but it feels wonderful and looks good and I think was worth it. Choices like these are one of the benefits to working with a salesman - you just have to ask.

pbiz wrote:I love the bigsby too...how is the tuning stability so far?

mbardu wrote:How is tuning stability?

I can't really answer yet about the Bigsby's stability because I haven't had enough time to play with it. But I'll surely be paying attention and following up. One of my initial impressions is that it's a lot stiffer than I thought it would be, and it holds up to fretted bends really well without detuning other strings like some other trems. It's also much more tolerent when tuning than my Floyd-equipped guitar, which takes me forever to get in tune initially. (In fairness my Floyd challenges are probably 90% my own ignorance, and not the hardware's fault. :oops: )

kalethan wrote:Epic machine. Looks like something The Joker would play before dipping somebody in a vat of lye.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :o
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
Ummm, OK. I assume you mean the Joker from the late 60's Batman show, right?
Then yes. Isn't that what they meant by acid rock? :wink:

RockCrue

Postby RockCrue » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Not gonna lie, the masking you requested is 110% nicer cosmetically nicer looking that regular. And it makes sense, seems it would feel nicer. Nicely done!!! :applause:

ted
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ted » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:13 pm

That's so pretty. Like one of the other posters, I'm not a huge gold hardware guy-- but on this guitar and with that gorgeous purple, it looks perfect. Big congrats on that!

CMGio
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby CMGio » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:26 pm

GOOD GOD THAT IS GORGEOUS.
Arsenal:
2011 DC131C
2012 TL60C
1988 DC125R
2013 CS424
2014 DC600C

Note: Repeated head trauma has potentially damaged this user's credibility.

Hairmacht
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Hairmacht » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:00 am

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Purple is the color of kings. This is truly the Guitar of Kings.

So much want.... You guys are making it hard for me to uphold my "no guitars til 2014" thing. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
The Arsenal
'75 SS76, '77 CM130, '85 V220, '85 V220, '86 V440, '88 DC125, '88 DC125, '89 DC150, '90 BC130, '93 DC400, '93 DC127, '03 DC127, Cobalt 250, '12 CS6, '13 DC800, '14 SCB7
MTS3200H, 412VB, Belair, 212E, G212

Coda
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Re: re: NGD - Purple SH445

Postby Coda » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:52 am

CMGio wrote:GOOD GOD THAT IS GORGEOUS.

CMG, I'm glad you stopped by because you deserve a 'thank you'! Your CS424 pushed me over the edge... trans purp, satin finish, black board, gold hw, covered pups = awesome! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Coda
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Coda » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:57 am

Hairmacht wrote:So much want.... You guys are making it hard for me to uphold my "no guitars til 2014" thing. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Hairmacht, you (and Appollyon) have caused so much GAS in the past year that I think you're 90% responsible for global warming. Payback's a bear, aint it? :wink:

Evster2012
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Evster2012 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:48 am

I'm gobsmacked!!! That is an absolute stunner! Purple and gold is royalty man! And that maple/walnut, and that binding, and that custom heel (they should do all unpainted necks that way!)

I loved your intro pics as well. Nice buildup (and Barney with Goldblum: Hahahaha!!!)

While I like the idea of it having Barney as a nickname, but I think its true name should be something more...subtle. Like maybe....

vahince

Postby vahince » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:21 am

I'm in awe. I wouldn't change a thing on that puppy. Perfect. :applause:

Coda
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Coda » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 am

Evster2012 wrote:While I like the idea of it having Barney as a nickname, but I think its true name should be something more...subtle. Like maybe....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
!!! THIS !!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I LOVE IT!!!

Bye-bye Barney...

Hellooooo EXCALIBUR :!: :twisted:

lefty1316
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby lefty1316 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 am

truedog wrote:What a beautiful guitar with great options. Carvin should model their neck heel masking on this guitar and make it standard on SH's with a tung oiled neck. Perfection!

+1 8)
http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=jzDzoUDeB0KmteYGklOCaw%3D%3D
2011 G&L ASAT Special - Blue Metallic
2008 G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy - Honeyburst
2007 G&L ASAT Classic - Butterscotch Blonde
2012 PRS Custom 24 - Fire Redburst
2000 Fender Deluxe Strat - Crimson Red Trans.

Geddy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Geddy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:38 am

Just joining back in here ... Great suggestion of a name Evster. I keep coming back here to view this God-Worthy guitar, I just can't get enough of this one. I've seen two quilted purpleburst CS's on this forum that I thought were beyond beautiful, and I remember Potato's gorgeous purple on flame with the satin top ... I guess I like purple ... who knew?

Cheers, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CS624M Ginger
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Marshall 1960A,
Bogner 212C Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's.
Custom Pedalboard

apedrape
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby apedrape » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:10 pm

what a sweet lookin 445. great choice of options. congrats :applause: :applause: :applause:

Coda
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Coda » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:36 pm

apedrape wrote:what a sweet lookin 445. great choice of options. congrats :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thanks, apedrape! Nice to hear from you. How's your hand-built carved top treating you these days? That one wrote the book on sweet looking!

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery