Steve Fister

Discuss Kiesel Guitars Endorsers and Professional Players

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

christianfox
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Links/Contact:

Steve Fister

Postby christianfox » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:20 am

Recently I was looking for the old demo videos that Steve Fister did with Carvin a few years back for the CS6, SH550, X100B, and V3M products. My searches yielded nothing, neither on this website, nor on the internet at large. Furthermore, I can find no evidence of a connection between Fister and Carvin on either party's web presence. Any ideas what happened that would cause this? I actually liked those videos and was hoping to revisit them.
2010 CS6
2009 Cobalt C750TS

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Steve Fister

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:58 pm

His Youtube channel has mostly been a similar-to-Carvin's-old-(and highly underrated)-Platinum-Gold-Metallic Godin with P90s for the last year or so.

I imagine the old demo videos were pulled because, if I'm remembering it right, it was as much a demo of the X100B as it was the SH550. With their intent to strive for their own identity, it likely would have kept things cloudy for some folks.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Re: Steve Fister

Postby Doctor Turn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:15 pm

That's weird--if they took it down they must have taken it down very recently, because I was doing a search on some of the old 80's Carvins about a week ago, maybe 2. The video was definitely up there, and I almost watched it again.

Here's an audiofanzine link that at one time I guess linked a person into the video by embedding it into the page.. and now it says "Video does not exist."

Maybe it was hosted originally by the Carvin-Kiesel YT page, and now that the split is in full effect (has been since the move) they are obligated to take any amp/audio material down off of their page on yt?

My guess is that it should reappear on the audio page on yt. It's a good "known-player demo," of which both sides of the family have too few of. So they should definitely resurrect it on the amp side.

That amp--especially now with the heavier, modernized overdrive vs the original prefuzzy, Series III--should be an industrial mainstay, and more popular than it is.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Return to Pro Players