Indianapolis area Carvin owners?

Holding a Bash? Looking to set one up? Post here.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

IndianaGentry
Gold Member
Gold Member

Indianapolis area Carvin owners?

Postby IndianaGentry » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:20 am

I'm a complete rookie to guitars, but just bought a used Carvin. After taking my AE185 to 3 guitar shops and 2 friends, I thought the acoustic output was broken... only to luckily learn (on this message board) that the acoustic output doesn't work if the electric side isn't plugged in.

So... having said that... I'm wondering if there are some Carvin owners in the Indianapolis area? It sure would be nice to have some "local expertise" available if I have a problem or question.
~RORY~
CS6M: Mahogany body/neck, deep sunset burst over quilted maple, rosewood fretboard, abalone block inlays, stainless steel frets, gold hardware
DC127: Maple neck/alder body, aqua burst to clear on quilted maple, birdseye maple w/ stainless frets, chrome knobs/abalone inlays, cream coils

Not Sure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Indianapolis area Carvin owners?

Postby Not Sure » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:49 pm

IndianaGentry wrote:I'm a complete rookie to guitars, but just bought a used Carvin.

So... having said that... I'm wondering if there are some Carvin owners in the Indianapolis area? It sure would be nice to have some "local expertise" available if I have a problem or question.

':applause:' Congrats on the Carvin purchase, I hope you enjoy it!
I live in Naptown and I know there are a couple others around these boards that do too. I am certainly not an expert by any means but I like to think I have a 'working knowledge'. What side of town are you? As for local expertise, I know you meant Carvin related but I can suggest a couple local places if you have any issues with you new purchase. Try GuitarWorks in Greenwood or Arthur's Music Store in Fountain Square downtown. They both have fair rates and lots of times they'll look at your stuff and if its really minor they might just knock it out quickly while you wait and minimally charge, if at all. You can also google Mark's Fret Shop if you need a serious work done. Never talked to him personally but word is he's a master repairer/fixer upper and does top notch work for minor and major jobs. There are a few places on the north side too but if you live there you probably already know that. Anyway welcome to the club, hope this helps

metalgarth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

re: Indianapolis area Carvin owners?

Postby metalgarth » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey INGentry!

You know I've been outta Indy for a few years, but I can still recommend GuitarWorks in Greenwood and Arthur's Music Store.

JSXer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby JSXer » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 pm

Another fellow Carvinite here in Indy. I'm a total noob when it comes to the technical part of guitar, I just like to play the da*n thing. Bob (Not Sure) and I have gotten together once and jammed a bit and hung out. Doesn't seem to be too many Naptown users on here (unless they are just lurkers and don't want to come out of hiding).

But there's a guy up in Noblesville that does great work with guitars. I took a couple guitars to him a couple years ago and I'm sure he is still doing that kind of work, so let me know if you'd like his name/number and I'll get it for you. Let me/us know if you wanna get together and jam... and of course drink (if you're old enough)! :mrgreen:

IndianaGentry
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby IndianaGentry » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm on the north side- Westfield. (North of Carmel, west of Noblesville.)

I won't be joining any jam sessions yet, because I'm still getting lessons started, but it doesn't hurt to know a few Carvinites in the area!

Thanks for the recommendations on guitar shops/ repairs/ etc.
~RORY~

CS6M: Mahogany body/neck, deep sunset burst over quilted maple, rosewood fretboard, abalone block inlays, stainless steel frets, gold hardware

DC127: Maple neck/alder body, aqua burst to clear on quilted maple, birdseye maple w/ stainless frets, chrome knobs/abalone inlays, cream coils

JSXer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: re: Indianapolis area Carvin owners?

Postby JSXer » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 pm

IndianaGentry wrote:I'm on the north side- Westfield. (North of Carmel, west of Noblesville.)

That's funny, I live on the southside of Indy and work in Westfield right off 31 North and 169th St. (right across the street from the Mazda dealership).

Not Sure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Not Sure » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:57 pm

IndianaGentry wrote:
I won't be joining any jam sessions yet, because I'm still getting lessons started, but it doesn't hurt to know a few Carvinites in the area!

Don't worry about how good/bad you might be, the important thing is to look cool to while you're standing there with your guitar!

I sense and INdy Carvin convention coming....

IndianaGentry
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby IndianaGentry » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Well... since I technically can't play a note yet, I guess I can't be considered bad yet! :lol: Don't worry. I'll be bad soon enough. After that, my goals are to become acceptable, decent, good, very good, and then BAD all over again! (BAD in a good kinda way.) That is the natural progression, isn't it?
~RORY~

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 pm

IndianaGentry wrote:Well... since I technically can't play a note yet, I guess I can't be considered bad yet!

Beware of people who tell you that you are good right from the start...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDaFMZfIsV4

:laughhard:

IndianaGentry
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby IndianaGentry » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:32 pm

That is hysterical!
~RORY~

Jimmy G

Postby Jimmy G » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:45 am

Hey Indy Carvinites. I'm a noob to this forum but been a Carvinite for several years (maybe decades?). I just found this post and was sad to see it has not been posted to recently. I'm dying to know if Gentry went from Bad to Bad???

Hey Lookers, If you live in the Indy area and dig Carvin gear...jump on this post.

JG

uncle jerry

Postby uncle jerry » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:36 am

Greetings Hoosiers! I live about halfway between you and St. Louis, Mo. in Casey, Il. So close to I-70 that I can see the traffic out my window (less than a mile). A few years ago I took my Carvin cobalt750 to a jam at a bluegrass festival up north of you guys in a barn out in the country. It was a big deal, but can't remember the name of the place. I'm not a dedicated bluegrasser, but some friends of mine recorded a song I wrote about the National Road, and they performed it there. I think it got a little air play over there for a short period. Anyway.... glad to hear other CArvinites out this way. I have a basement full of Carvin stuff (and more on the way). Keep on pickin and don't forget to tune up, Uncle Jerry

Treadplatedual
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Treadplatedual » Fri May 12, 2017 11:39 am

Necroing the thread because I'm getting ready to move from West Lafayette to Indianapolis proper - anyone still around and playing Kiesels/Carvins in the Circle City??
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s
2017 A6H - Lithiums

Pod HD500x
Boss Katana (For the funzies)

pbass6811
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby pbass6811 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:57 pm

Treadplatedual wrote:Necroing the thread because I'm getting ready to move from West Lafayette to Indianapolis proper - anyone still around and playing Kiesels/Carvins in the Circle City??

I'm a bassist here in Indy. Just started playing Kiesel's this year(although I did own a Carvin bass way back in the day), now, I have two Vader basses, and one more on the way!

My band plays in Lafayette fairly frequently, at Ace's Pub...
-VB4/FDP
-VB5/fretted/White-Blue
-VB5/fretted/Satin Jet Black
-VB5/fretless/FDBC
-CT324X/Primer Gray

Treadplatedual
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Treadplatedual » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:25 am

Nice, what's the band's name? And where do you play out in Indy?
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s
2017 A6H - Lithiums

Pod HD500x
Boss Katana (For the funzies)

Return to Carvinite Gatherings