Waiting for bolt, ESP for now.

Advice and tips on building a Carvin Guitars kit.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Wannabe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Waiting for bolt, ESP for now.

Postby Wannabe » Sun May 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Well, as the story goes, I have been waiting for a bolt kit so I can do my ultimate guitar. I don't quite have the money for a Carvin build right now, so waiting for a 24 fret bolt kit option. While cruising eBay, I found a neck through ESP with a caved in front electronics cavity, but good neck and reverse headstock. They took the pickups out and parts from the Floyd and sold the junk for $80. I repaired the problems with ballistic grade carbon fiber, milled off the deck and added a Red Gum Wood top and headstock. Added Dimarzio pickups, Bourns pot and 5 way with coil split. Lots of clear, lots of sanding, shaping and painting. I left the 3 piece flamed maple neck raw in color and blacked the rest with a heavy dose of pearl to finish things off. Lots of adjusting of intonation and the like and now it really roars. Gonna have to live with this till we get 24 fret bolt kits.
Can't wait for the Carvin kit. Gonna make this thing look like a pawn shop junker.

Coda
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

re: Waiting for bolt, ESP for now.

Postby Coda » Mon May 09, 2016 4:09 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jeepers! That looks amazing and your work is impeccable!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
CT624 - SH445 - Bolt+ - SCB7 - Vader7 - DC125 - Bolt Kit

ocowart

Postby ocowart » Mon May 09, 2016 12:25 pm

VERY nice!
Can't wait to see your bolt kit

Looks like you direct mounted the pickups, but still had to use the bezels?

Wannabe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wannabe » Mon May 09, 2016 1:19 pm

I like the sound of direct mounted pickups, and do it on all of my guitars. Some look O.K. without bezels, but I like the look and finish nature of the build with the bezels on certain tops. And this was one of them.

ilyti
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ilyti » Mon May 09, 2016 1:25 pm

That looks really nice. Did you say the neck was flamed? If so, pics of the back please! :)

Don't hold your breath for a 24 fret bolt kit. If it was gonna happen, they would have done it with the Aries.

ocowart

Re: re: Waiting for bolt, ESP for now.

Postby ocowart » Mon May 09, 2016 1:47 pm

I agree with you on the bezels....the metal ones look really good on that guitar
:applause:

Wannabe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wannabe » Tue May 10, 2016 7:07 pm

Three piece neck with the two sides being flamed, and the center a standard maple.

Return to Builder's Forum