Will a Warmoth Strat neck fit a bolt/bolt plus body?

Advice and tips on building a Carvin Guitars kit.

Moderators: Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

kdawg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Will a Warmoth Strat neck fit a bolt/bolt plus body?

Postby kdawg » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:07 am

Hi,

Does anyone out there know if a Warmoth Strat neck will fit either a Bolt or Bolt Plus body?

Thanks

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

re: Will a Warmoth Strat neck fit a bolt/bolt plus body?

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:26 pm

As long as it is a direct start neck replacement, yes. The screw holes may not line up if they are pre-drilled, but yet..it will fit.

Here is a Carvin neck on a Warmoth body, so it would work in the other direction, too. :)
http://kieselguitarsbbs.com/viewtopic.p ... lt+warmoth

kennym9898
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby kennym9898 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:10 pm

What would be the reasoning to do something like that? :think: Carvins playability is very good, neck shape?
Carvin SH550B, SCB6, AC375, DC700, Gibson Les Paul, Ibanez, Fender Strat, Jackson Soloist, Washburn,
Carvin V3MC, Marshall DSL40c, Fender Deluxe Reverb, Line6

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:43 pm

More fret options, more radius options, personal preference but more neck shapes (not just thicknesses), more woods, more headstocks...maybe he's already got one... :)

kdawg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: re: Will a Warmoth Strat neck fit a bolt/bolt plus body?

Postby kdawg » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:11 pm

kennym9898 wrote:What would be the reasoning to do something like that? :think: Carvins playability is very good, neck shape?

Oh trust me, I absolutely love the playability of the Carvin neck. I'm just not a fan of the inline headstock (even though the only guitar I now own is a DC 127 with the inline headstock!)

I've been kicking around options, like buying a kit, painting it the color I want and throw on a nice fender neck - solely for the aesthetics. (I sometimes have mad dreams of doing a seafoam green/white/black EVH striped-series-style Strat!)

However, the more I visit this, I get to thinking: 1. It's a lot of work (been there, done that). 2. It won't be cheap. 3. By the time the dust has settled, I could have ordered an Aries in whatever color I want, with a headstock I like and probably spend the same money.

I'm still undecided, but do appreciate all of the feedback.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:15 pm

If you call in the order, I'll bet you could get a kit with the "blank" inline headstock you could cut yourself...if you are brave enough. ;)

kdawg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kdawg » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:18 pm

spudmunkey wrote:If you call in the order, I'll bet you could get a kit with the "blank" inline headstock you could cut yourself...if you are brave enough. ;)

LOL. I'm just now in the process of seeing if it's an option on the kit builder and then I get an email across my computer screen alerting me that this topic has been replied to (by you). Great minds think alike! :D

Coda
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Coda » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:24 am

kdawg wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:If you call in the order, I'll bet you could get a kit with the "blank" inline headstock you could cut yourself...if you are brave enough. ;)

LOL. I'm just now in the process of seeing if it's an option on the kit builder and then I get an email across my computer screen alerting me that this topic has been replied to (by you). Great minds think alike! :D

:shock: Ooooo. That's a really good idea!
CT624 - SH445 - Bolt+ - SCB7 - Vader7 - DC125 - Bolt Kit

Return to Builder's Forum