Aries, Solo, & Vanquish kits?

Advice and tips on building a Carvin Guitars kit.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

japhy

Aries, Solo, & Vanquish kits?

Postby japhy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:27 pm

So the TLB, Bolt Plus, B40 & B50are gone, and the Bolt (as with the older Carvin designs) is surely doomed in the long run. Given that the kits come from the bolt-on instruments, can we expect to have the Aries, Solo, & Vanquish available in kit form anytime soon? I’m gonna be using Carvin/Kiesel pickups for whatever build I’m doing (I always do), and having built a few bodies myself, I’m getting lazy. I’m definitely doing a kit for my next build.... which I’d love to be 7 string Vanquish kit.

Even if they limited it to non-multi scale, it would be a nice range of options.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Aries, Solo, & Vanquish kits?

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Things could always potentially change, but I know people have asked him this in his Facebook Live question and answer videos, and to me it's been one of his more firm "no" answers on Aries kits.

It never hurts to ask, and the more they get asked the more likely it is to happen.

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Doctor Doug » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:22 am

I would be all over a Vanquish kit!

ilyti
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ilyti » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Or... Zeus kit anyone?

I think this is just wishful thinking, unfortunately. Maybe if you call credit card in hand and say "I want to buy an Aries, but only if you will sell it to me as an unfinished kit and knock $200-300 off the price" If they say no, hang up. Don't even consider the idea of buying the finished product. That's the only way I can see it working.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:35 pm

I think the models are probably way too new for them to offer budget methods of acquisitions. Too soon to risk potentially poorly put-together specimens out there in the wild by someone with weak shop skills. Will take at least another could years if those new Kiesel only models come at all.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

ilyti
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ilyti » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Doctor Turn wrote:I think the models are probably way too new for them to offer budget methods of acquisitions. Too soon to risk potentially poorly put-together specimens out there in the wild by someone with weak shop skills. Will take at least another could years if those new Kiesel only models come at all.

I think that's the reason they don't put logos on kits - distancing them from the brand and all.
I'm not saying this is not their reasoning (that is; the potential for "bad Kiesels" being put together by amateurs), only that I find it illogical. It is easy to tell which Bolts and Bolt Plusses were originally kits by looking at the headstocks.

brento73
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby brento73 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:49 pm

I was just thinking about this recently, and I also think it's a matter of not wanting a bad 'Vanquish', etc. out there, since it's a Kiesel model.

If you see someone playing a double-cut guitar with a bolt-on neck and three singles in a pick guard, it could be just about anything. The same for the other kit models, they're all based on very common model archetypes. Nothing about them says 'Carvin/Kiesel', so there's no harm done it they suck.

The newer models are different, so I wouldn't be surprised if we never see kits of them.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:01 pm

Lol. Now you know why those logos never go on kits.. and even that doesn't always work. Believe it or not this is a TLB kit... reimagined by the buyer and his saw:

ay yay yay..

He originally was asking SIXHUNDRED FIFTY for that! He's down to 500 now. https://reverb.com/item/9720929-carvin-tlb-kit

Someone should send this to Jeff, so he can send a Cease and Desist letter w that logo.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:24 pm

I saw that ill-fated guitar. The word "hack" comes to mind, in a most literal sense, and I feel bad, as that guitar should have been left alone, or (had they really wanted to modify it) had pieces added on to give it meaningful horns, and not the current look of a mutilated starfish (the animal, not the colloquial name for a piece of human anatomy).
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

Return to Builder's Forum