Rough draft of a rather heavy triplet swing type song

Share music you've made with your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars gear.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

FastRedPonyCar
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rough draft of a rather heavy triplet swing type song

Postby FastRedPonyCar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:10 pm

putting some ideas down here. Sent it to our rhythm guitar to mess around with as well but this is the basic idea.

I used EZ drummer's drumkit from hell pack for the drums. I didn't really go into much detail with them on this song. Just used a few generic beats.

I'm always open to constructive critique on both songwriting, recording sounds, etc... in the end it won't matter if my recording quality is good or sucks as we'll eventually end up getting a real engineer to record it for our album (if this one makes it to our album we're working on).

Anyways, here she is.

www.drewlankford.com/music/newtripletsong.mp3

secondstring
Gold Member
Gold Member

re: Rough draft of a rather heavy triplet swing type song

Postby secondstring » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:06 pm

There's some weirdness between the chord progression and the lead melody around 0:45 and 0:50. I think if you reworked the melody to follow the chords more explicitly it would make a difference. Of course I could be wrong, but it sounds kind of weird to my ears.

But other than that...badass. The tone is fat and heavy, and I would imagine a good singer would take this song to a whole new level.

The riffage at 2:14 is tight...totally put a smile on my face.

As Tim and Eric would say, "Great Job!"

FastRedPonyCar
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FastRedPonyCar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:20 pm

yeah I threw the whole lead backing rhythm together in about 10 minutes so there is definitely room to tighten it up wherever it's needed.

rlm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby rlm » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:21 am

:applause: I can tell its gonna be great when you get done with this,the idea is catchy and I tried to jam along with this last night for fun. I got in here and there,I about a hundred years from playing that tight though :mrgreen: :applause:

Stone Temple Pinot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Stone Temple Pinot » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:42 am

wow...I need to visit this part of the forum more often...

This track is sweet. I just think it ended too quickly. :mrgreen:

KH
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby KH » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:25 am

Opening riff has a bit of a pantara feel.

Over all I think it'll be a pretty cool tune.

FastRedPonyCar
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FastRedPonyCar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:48 am

we've made a lot of song changes. we actually have changed up some of the chord progressions to take a little of the monotony out of it especially in the 2nd chorus. we changed up the progression coming out of the 2nd chours before the heavy part to make it a bit different becuase a lot of the people I let listen to it were saying that it sounded like it was still chorus and since it wasn't still chorus, that the chords needed to change up more there to differentiate the two parts and better establiish the change that's about to happen with the music.

still rough ideas and I haven't even gotten to really sit down with our other guitar player yet to make these changes. He usually approaches music totally differently so it'll definately get a lot of work done to it but we don't have enough really heavy songs yet. Most of the ones I write are much heavier and less radio friendly pop radio.

what's cool is the guy we're recording with is more into the heavier darker rock and says that's where the rock music is headed now and he thinks that we've got a perfect blend of both radio friendly modern rock and enough heaviness that we can get into this sort of pseudo radio friendly "metal" genre that bands like breaking benjamin and chevelle are dominating right now.

amaze122
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby amaze122 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:23 pm

I love the dark thickness in the tone. Not too dark, with a taste of retro in there, I think. Sounds so good, it makes you think that vocals would only mess it up.

I have heard so many songs that start out great, and then the vocalist starts singing...

This reminds me of the excellent tone in that Nickelback song "Learn The Hard Way", I think from the Daredevil Soundtrack.

FastRedPonyCar
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FastRedPonyCar » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:59 am

hah well we don't have vocals...yet... but we do need something for the singer to do during the song :oops:

People say he's pretty good though so we may just yet come up with something for him to say during the song.

Return to Share Your Kiesel Guitars Made Music