Carvin Rock

Share music you've made with your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars gear.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

phalanges
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Carvin Rock

Postby phalanges » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:01 pm

I had some old lyrics from 20 years ago taking up space. I wrote this back after my wife left me. The animosity is long gone, but the lyrics remain, so I thought I'd put them to music. This features my kit Bolt with twin rails and an HB and my beautiful walnut LB75.

Up to Me by Mark Courter/Woody Roberts
Woody: guitars, percussion, piano
Mark: lead guitars, bass, vocal, bgv, mix

Woody did the bulk of the guitar work, my Bolt is featured on leads. I hope you like it, and critical comments are welcome. Here's the link:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7128547

Thanks for listening,
Mark

rlm
Carvinite
Carvinite

re: Carvin Rock

Postby rlm » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:55 pm

Good detail work with those guitars and backing vocals.Kinda hit me with a Clapton /Allman bros. vibe :applause: 8)

phalanges
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby phalanges » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:37 pm

rlm: thanks for listening pal! For about three days we actually had a Soundclick #1 hit on the Rock n Roll chart! My fifteen minutes of fame has come and gone..............

dlc

Postby dlc » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:47 am

Yeah, I agree, the vocal is very reminescent of Clapton. It makes me wonder how it would have sounded if you had recorded it when you wrote the lyrics, since the music is more feel-good than the words. I like it in just about every way it can be looked at. Good work! Thanks for sharing.

phalanges
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby phalanges » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:32 pm

The juxtaposition of music to lyrics is deliberate, since it is in effect a song of liberation: sure you made me miserable, but that's over, I'm moving on and happy about it :D
Thanks for listening

Return to Share Your Kiesel Guitars Made Music