"Metal Muffin Legacy"

Share music you've made with your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars gear.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Hovenstein

"Metal Muffin Legacy"

Postby Hovenstein » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:23 am

I've posted before how the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff has become my favorite metal pedal. It is very unique sounding and the lead tones remind me of the good ol' NES days. It might not be a tone for everyone since it sounds "digital", but I like it very much.

Here is a clip of me putting it through some paces on my Legacy. I am using my Gibson Explorer into the Metal Muff, which is going into the Legacy on the clean channel. At the beginning, I use a DS-1 to clean boost the Metal Muff to get a "pouring rain" effect out of the amp from the static.

The rhythm line is the bridge pickup, solo line the neck pickup with the Top Boost function on. Some delay added for good measure.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7167656

jca78
Gold Member
Gold Member

re: "Metal Muffin Legacy"

Postby jca78 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:02 am

i like it, the ds 1 may be a bit much but i guess it depends on where your trying to go (rain sound). riff is very cool btw.

rlm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby rlm » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:07 am

8) I had to take the headphones off to make sure it was'nt actually raining outside... :applause:

jca78
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jca78 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:39 am

that is a cool effect... reminds me of the very tail end of the slayer reign in blood cd

Return to Share Your Kiesel Guitars Made Music