Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Share music you've made with your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars gear.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

JackRose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2015

Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby JackRose » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:05 am

Hi Guys,
Purchased a DC127 this year, never had any Carvin guitars before. One word: fantastic!
Was already workin on my first instrumental and finally decided, to record the most of the song with this superb instrument!
Check it out if you have 4 spare minutes. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgBYO_ZplMw

JackRose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2015

re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby JackRose » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:08 am

Also would like to buy a lefty Carvin with H-S-S config, but neckthroug not bolt-on.
Are there any models with these specs?

Also would like to ask about lefty modells with piezo, which of them were equiped with piezo?

Thanks

User avatar
arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 3759
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Oakhurst, NJ

re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby arahobob » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:20 am

Welcome!


Piezo is an option on a bunch of models (just about any can be lefty). Comes on HH guitars.
Also available on Floyds. Its one of the first options in the builder.

HSS is definitely possible on neck throughs with some exceptions.
I can't remember seeing a dc600 HSS but I could be wrong.
I know someone just got a scb6 HSS.

Your best bet is to call and ask
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 14411
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:07 am

arahobob wrote: Its one of the first options in the builder.


It depends.

If it is a model that uses the piezo add-on to the active electronics module that uses 4 knobs, and 3 mini switches, then it is on the first page where you select your bridge.

If it is a model that uses the newer piezo system that just has the one additional knob and one additional mini switch, the it is on the pickup selection page, near the end.

User avatar
Catman10
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1484
Joined: May 2010
Location: Houston, TX.

re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby Catman10 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:44 am

Very nice job! Cute tag at the end.

JackRose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2015

Re: re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby JackRose » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:00 am

Catman10 wrote:Very nice job! Cute tag at the end.


Thanks 8)

JackRose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2015

Re: re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby JackRose » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:01 am

arahobob wrote:Welcome!


Piezo is an option on a bunch of models (just about any can be lefty). Comes on HH guitars.
Also available on Floyds. Its one of the first options in the builder.

HSS is definitely possible on neck throughs with some exceptions.
I can't remember seeing a dc600 HSS but I could be wrong.
I know someone just got a scb6 HSS.

Your best bet is to call and ask


Thanks for the answer!

JackRose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2015

Re: re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby JackRose » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:02 am

spudmunkey wrote:
arahobob wrote: Its one of the first options in the builder.


It depends.

If it is a model that uses the piezo add-on to the active electronics module that uses 4 knobs, and 3 mini switches, then it is on the first page where you select your bridge.

If it is a model that uses the newer piezo system that just has the one additional knob and one additional mini switch, the it is on the pickup selection page, near the end.


Cool, thanks, I'll check the builder page.

JackRose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2015

Re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby JackRose » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:43 am

And an other track with the trusty DC 127, all guitars were recorded with her.
Played mainly with the bridge pup, but also used the neck and the neck coil tapped for clean tones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiSW2LuaA6U

rynnce
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Berkley, MI

Re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby rynnce » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:24 am

Nice stuff! Enjoyed both songs.

Rob

JackRose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2015

Re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby JackRose » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:39 pm

rynnce wrote:Nice stuff! Enjoyed both songs.

Rob


Thanks!:)

User avatar
Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 2131
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Garland TX

Re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby Casual Madman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:39 pm

First time I've seen an UDAB player using sweep techniques - impressive. :applause:

JackRose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2015

Re: Instrumental Rock with Carvin DC

Postby JackRose » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:43 am

Casual Madman wrote:First time I've seen an UDAB player using sweep techniques - impressive. :applause:

Thnx very much!:)


Return to Share Your Kiesel Guitars Made Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest