Announcements from Kiesel Guitars & the Forum Administrator

Moderators: Mike Jones, ChrisH

Kevio
Forum Admin & Kiesel Guitars Webmaster
Forum Admin & Kiesel Guitars Webmaster
Links/Contact:

MUST READ > Welcome to BBS3.0

Postby Kevio » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:41 am

OK, it looks like the new board is up and running. There were numerous issues with the data conversion, because of course there were, but I think we're good now. All things considered, it went better than I expected or hoped. Now, it's your turn to try to break it.

Two important things right now:

- Private messages do not appear to be working - they aren't sending. Not sure why; I'll be digging into this shortly. Annoying, but not a show-stopper. (NOW FIXED)

- As previously mentioned, the search indices need to be rebuilt. This is an automated process, but slow and resource-intensive. I'll probably wait and start it later tonight, while I'm cleaning up the dust. So, searches will not work right now.

There's a "Bug Report" topic in the Website Suggestions forum, right here: http://www.kieselguitarsbbs.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=48455. Let me know what you see. There will undoubtedly be bugs scattered around - this was a complete, ground-up rebuild, and it's just not possible to test everything.

There's a test topic here for you to play around with the new features: http://www.kieselguitarsbbs.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48457

By all means, play around. Post stuff. See what's what. However, and this is important, don't assume that anything you post today will be permanent. If something is uncovered that required a re-install, rollback to 2.0 or whatever, anything posted from this point forward will be lost. I don't see that happening, but never say never.

Probably wouldn't hurt to clear your browser cache and cookies, especially if you logged into the sandbox (because the URL path changed).

Enjoy!
The gear:
DC6, HH2X, V440, CT6T, V220C, IC4, IC5P, BB70P, XB75, AC40, LB70K, LB70, LB70, LB70F, XB76WPF, SB40, MB1, DN640K, DN440T, AC375

Return to Announcements