Who has had the Longest wait?

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

jacob5150

Re: Who has had the Longest wait?

Postby jacob5150 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:40 am

I ordered my Aries on March 14th. That's promising then!

jacob5150

Postby jacob5150 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:20 am

Does anyone here have a built in with gold hareware/ Kiesel trem? It would be hard to guess, but there has to be a good bit of customers like me waiting on hardware backorders. Joe the Service Manager has been good at responding to emails about updates, but has gone silent the past couple weeks. With no ETA on when they're getting hardware, I'm at a loss right now :? :?

cheframennoodle

Postby cheframennoodle » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:11 pm

I ordered my bass on May 4th. Nonstandard pickup routing so maybe it will take longer than usual. (Dual MM pickups on a ZBM6)

jacob5150

Postby jacob5150 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:12 am

Well I got an update on my build. Today is week 18 for me. Original estimated time on my build was 8-10 weeks. They said HipShot is behind on bridge deliveries, and they're getting some every day. But I don't where mine lies in the queue. So still no guess as to when it'll be completed :wall:

cheframennoodle

Postby cheframennoodle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:06 pm

jacob5150 wrote:Well I got an update on my build. Today is week 18 for me. Original estimated time on my build was 8-10 weeks. They said HipShot is behind on bridge deliveries, and they're getting some every day. But I don't where mine lies in the queue. So still no guess as to when it'll be completed :wall:

Any idea which bridges they're short on?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:54 pm

I believe gold, and trems are the main ones now.

I remember hearing that when the last big wildfires happened, Hipshot's metal plating vendor took a big hit of some sort and that disrupted things a bit. I can imagine that Hipshot probably prioritizes their highest volume items first, like the fixed bridges, but since the trem is a Kiesel exclusive design, and two parts that are customized are plated (the arm, and the base with the larger hole for the special arm), I can imagine that's probably a lower on the totem pole. :(

jacob5150

Postby jacob5150 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:56 am

That is more info that I would have been able to ever figure out! That's bummer, I guess you have to go down the complete chain and realize there's alot more at work than just Kiesel. I would think they would have found other metal platers to bang out the product, maybe they did and HipShot is back logged too. I just hate the unknown on the time frame. Could be another 20 weeks for all I know! I should have them just throw a Chrome or black one on there and be done with it :lol:

jacob5150

Postby jacob5150 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:44 pm

Well I just got my FEDEX shipment notification today for my build! Should be arriving next Tuesday! I never thought I would get it! :lol: Today marks 19 weeks!!!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Ha, awesome. :) Make sure to post pics, or else we'll
need to call a :cowbell:

cheframennoodle

Postby cheframennoodle » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:30 am

Does Delivery Manager need to be set up before a new tracking number is entered? If I signed up after they shipped am I out of luck?

jacob5150

Postby jacob5150 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Do you mean the service FEDEX offers where you can change your delivery to a specific time window? If so, You can sign up after it ships. I did this with an item back in February. I didn't realize it needed a signature and I'm never home through the day. So I signed up and spent an extra $5 and I was able to change the delivery from 5pm-8pm. :o

jacob5150

Postby jacob5150 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:18 am

NGD finally arrived yesterday. Here's the post:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=51036&p=660126#p660126

cheframennoodle

Postby cheframennoodle » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:07 am

My bass was posted on the Facebook and Instagram last week but no email from FedEx. Wondering if it's even shipped yet.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:20 pm

It might not have. They may have just finished installing hardware, and didnt go through final QA/QC, intonation, etc.

cheframennoodle

Postby cheframennoodle » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:23 pm

Spoke too soon! Showed up just a few hours after posting

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:30 pm

:) kool!

*ahem*...
:coolpics: :cowbell: :laughhard:

cheframennoodle

Postby cheframennoodle » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:20 am

The satin finishes always look darker in person.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:15 pm

My first build was 10 weeks. Nothing major
2nd build order 8/15/18 and arrived 9/18/18, but had to be sent back due to defect. Received it back in mid October, so around 8 weeks.
3rd build ordered 10/30/18, and received 2/21/19, so 16 weeks. That was due to waiting on chrome hardware from Hipshot for almost two months, I think.

All three instruments were worth the wait.

My first ever Carvin (used) took me about a decade to save for, so 520 weeks?
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:04 am

JCG - didn't I see a post you just made on FB that you had a build that took > 52 weeks?

BTW, the longest build time I've ever had was slightly longer than 2 years for a hand-made acoustic from a builder in the UK that arrived this summer.

For the three builds with Kiesel I had this year, one took 8 weeks (and shipped too early!!!), one took ~17 and the longest took ~22 weeks. Both of the longer ones required Jeff to personally get involved, so those always take longer.

:think: :think: :think: I think the more guitars you have the less you may obsess with how long the next is taking. Also, 2019 was a CRAZY busy year for me, so, maybe I had fewer free cycles to contemplate it?
Icon 5 Spalted Flamed Maple, Solo 6x Burl Walnut, Aries A6X Blue Hawaii Quilt, Aries A6X Crimson Flamed Redwood, SH65 Master Grade Ziricote, TL60C Black Cherry Quilt, HH2 Claro Walnut, CT6 Deep Blue Quilt

Return to The Waiting Room