Just want to say thanks

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

tpeck111

Just want to say thanks

Postby tpeck111 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:21 pm

I was feeling very bad tonight, off and on suicidal like I do most nights since my mom passed away, and got on youtube to put together a playlist with MSG's first album in an attempt to make myself feel better. That's music from my youth, back in 1980 when I was just a child, young and happy all the time and had just discovered the guitar.

At the same time, for some reason, I was thinking about the V and how much I loved that guitar back then, and started looking at pics online, and saw some pics of the Ultra, and started to scroll through the gallery on the website to see some of the different options they were making these days...and there it was. Michael's paint job in perfect detail on a Carvin guitar. It was an OMG moment that literally took my breath away and brought a tear to my eye.

I remember talking about attempting to get a Carvin guitar painted like that on this board some 8 years ago, and back then the consensus was they would never do it. I felt so much better after seeing that pic tonight. It's almost like a prophecy fulfilled to me. I think it's the little things get people through their days/nights. This was one of those life-saving moments for me, and I just want to say thanks to the luthier at Kiesel that painted that guitar. That's all, cheers.

Return to The Backstage Lounge