Kiesel Random Thoughts (not worth their own thread)

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Kiesel Random Thoughts (not worth their own thread)

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:56 am

In Hawaii, half of the Carvins on Craigslist are koa.

canon_mutant
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby canon_mutant » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:58 pm

For real? We are considering going back for our 20th early next year.

My better half would likely consider it was all just an ulterior motive but . . . :roll:

Be a shame to come home with a KOA Carvin . . . :applause:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:38 pm

Indeed. I'm here now, and of the 4, 2 if them have koa. CC275-12, and a Vanquish bass.

dbone
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dbone » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:55 am

spudmunkey wrote:I ordered some guitar wall hanging parts. The company had two product lines. One of them seemed fine, except for the people who had installation issues (and I'm handy enough to think I know what there issue was and how to avoid it). it looked a little cheap for what i had in my head in terms of the overall look and quality since we just remodelled the whole house...just want it to look really nice. The other product line was more expensive, but I couldn't find any reviews, or even any photos of it being used this way. Nothing about it screams that it shouldn't work, though, as long as it's made correctly, and protected enough for transit/shipping.

That said, the company's already once lied about the shipping...last thursday they said it was shipping "tomorrow", and then when i called to get a tracking number this morning, they said, "tomorrow" again.

Reeeeally hoping the product turns out OK, but their customer service is making my nervous. Between the wall hanging rail hardware, the guitar hangers for it, and misc additional hardware, shipping and tax, I'm at $450 for something with zero reviews the the part that gets screwed onto the freshly re-done wall. :|

Any update on this Spud? Or is your stuff still packed up
dbones Lefties
SH550 M22SD M22N
DC150 M22T/M22V, DC150 M22SD/M22N
DC400A, K12B/K12N, DC600 M22SD/M22V, DC800 A80B/A80N
AE185 C22T/C22N/Piezo, AE185-12 H22T/H22N/Piezo
CT7M KL14B/KL14N, Bolt C22T/AP11/AP11, AC375, CL450, AC275K, SB5000 J99A pups

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:50 am

dbone wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:I ordered some guitar wall hanging parts. The company had two product lines. One of them seemed fine, except for the people who had installation issues (and I'm handy enough to think I know what there issue was and how to avoid it). it looked a little cheap for what i had in my head in terms of the overall look and quality since we just remodelled the whole house...just want it to look really nice. The other product line was more expensive, but I couldn't find any reviews, or even any photos of it being used this way. Nothing about it screams that it shouldn't work, though, as long as it's made correctly, and protected enough for transit/shipping.

That said, the company's already once lied about the shipping...last thursday they said it was shipping "tomorrow", and then when i called to get a tracking number this morning, they said, "tomorrow" again.

Reeeeally hoping the product turns out OK, but their customer service is making my nervous. Between the wall hanging rail hardware, the guitar hangers for it, and misc additional hardware, shipping and tax, I'm at $450 for something with zero reviews the the part that gets screwed onto the freshly re-done wall. :|

Any update on this Spud? Or is your stuff still packed up

Guitars are out of storage, but not hung.

Not sure if you saw any posts after that one above, but in short, it came with scratches and discoloration. They offered to replace, but I asked for a refund. They did, and didnt want it back ago I'm keeping it. I *might* get it powder coated... still undecided on that.

Still not hung yet, though. :( it's been a nuts month. Tying to paint the outside of the house before the winter rain, we had guests one weekend, another weekend we wre both out of commission with the flu, and the house is getting fumigated (wood-burrowing beetles) for the last 4 days until tomorrow.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:20 pm

There was a beautiful trans brown flamed SB5001 (listed as a 5002) on my local craigslist. Made a low-ball offer, but it sold.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:34 pm

Put my AC375 up on Craigslist to make (room/get funds) for an SH6. Will be selling one more (non-carvin/kiesel) acoustic next, then my two strat copies...just gotta get the wiring figured out on the one. When I put in the Carvin S60 pickups, I goofed somehow, and it was never wired up correctly...gotta figure that out before I try to sell it...

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:04 pm

AC375 is gone. I really really did like the model, but I'll have another semi-hollow with piezo and too many acoustics and the finish being so red just never bonded with me.

I wouldnt mind another some day, with specs closer to what I would have ordered for myself.

And I made $75 after owning it for about 4 years.

He drove over an hour to buy it, and seemed like he wanted to buy my AG100D, too, that I let him plug in to, to test it. :lol:

Edit: I guess I'll need to update my signature. :(

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:37 pm

A story in 3 parts.

Part 1: "I know it's last minute, but would you like to go to NAMM?"
giphy-8.gif

Part 2: "Wait...really?" "Yes, really."

Part 3: *sees "Please complete NAMM badge registration" email*

Epilogue: I'm going to NAMM!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

Sunset
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sunset » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:36 am

Very cool. A few pix for us peasants when you can?

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:52 am

Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Sunset wrote:Very cool. A few pix for us peasants when you can?

Hell yeah. I'll start a thread to take requests. I have no real business being there, so I feel like I owe it to the universe to provide some useful service to balance that karma!

ElfDude wrote:LUCKY

Trust me, I'm well aware. :)

canon_mutant
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby canon_mutant » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:27 pm

canon_mutant wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI9jFp0cnig

https://youtu.be/gx6TBrfCW54

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:19 pm

Lots if people throw around the "boomer" insult when people say the new X is for younger people. When it's actually the model Kiesel put in their Vintage Guitar print ad. :lol:
Last edited by spudmunkey on Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarlowTheFish
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby HarlowTheFish » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:48 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Lots if people throw around the "boomer" insult when people say the Z is for younger people. When it's actually the model Kiesel put in their Vintage Guitar print ad. :lol:

Yeah all the zoomers these days are reading Vintage Guitar to get off on the buterscotch 50s Telecasters - it makes sense that that's where they're advertising it :D

helldorado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby helldorado » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:21 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Lots if people throw around the "boomer" insult when people say the new X is for younger people. When it's actually the model Kiesel put in their Vintage Guitar print ad. :lol:

A good number of those people are the same ones saying Kiesel is the first to do anything that is pretty much a trend across the industry. I always get a laugh out of how many people jump on that train considering Jeff has had a history of being very direct in saying NO to some things, until either an endorsing artist or somebody else gets him to try it out and then your hear "KIESEL DID IT FIRST"! :lol:

Evertune bridges, roasted necks, compound radius are just a couple that come to mind.

PS, I'm glad that they do it, but it's just funny watching how some people respond to all of it.

helldorado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby helldorado » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:43 pm

I'm pretty sure if people went all in on a thread about Stevie T, the Facebook group would blow up. I think he elicits the strongest responses out of all the Kiesel artists.

Doctor Turn
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:25 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Lots if people throw around the "boomer" insult when people say the new X is for younger people. When it's actually the model Kiesel put in their Vintage Guitar print ad. :lol:

That's what I said to someone elsewhere on this board when they said that crusty old musicians need to just open their minds to accept the new X shape.

That new X shape is specifically a tribute to what was all the rage when those crusty old musicians were kids--as were headless guitars. The new X is pure 1980's tribute and there is very little new under the sun. :lol:
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Doctor Turn
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Return to The Backstage Lounge