Your original bands live!

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: re: Your original bands live!

Postby Doctor Doug » Sat May 07, 2016 8:44 am

bluesteve78 wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vsZkKxfWoIwOfficial
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Tsy3tON7g
That's the last band I was in. Sorry, not live, but a couple pretty well made videos, I think. And original.

Cool stuff! Reminds of a sort od Alice in Chains meets Black Label Society, but awesome and original. Love the groove!

bluesteve78

re: Your original bands live!

Postby bluesteve78 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks Doug. Not surprised at your comparisons..... AIC was the singer's biggest influence, and I , loved black label's first three records.. Although in my own head, I was hearing down or corrosion of conformity when I wrote the music. Glad you liked the groove. IMHO, if you can get people moving, then throw a real emotion in there, you have truly connected with them and gained a fan.

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Your original bands live!

Postby Doctor Doug » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:01 pm

My band played our city's Pride Parade last weekend. We were the first heavier band to ever do it! Here's some footage that showed up on facebook afterward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUpGYy2 ... e=youtu.be

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:39 pm

My band back in Highschool did that about 22 years ago. It was our homecoming parade. We were basically an oldies/classic rock cover band. Our generator died about 1/3 of the way through, so after while of standing there in silence, the drummer just broke into "Wipeout", and alternated between than, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Enter Sandman" for the whole rest of the parade. :lol:

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Doctor Doug » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:45 pm

spudmunkey wrote:My band back in Highschool did that about 22 years ago. It was our homecoming parade. We were basically an oldies/classic rock cover band. Our generator died about 1/3 of the way through, so after while of standing there in silence, the drummer just broke into "Wipeout", and alternated between than, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Enter Sandman" for the whole rest of the parade. :lol:

That's hilarious! Our PA overloaded two songs in but we had it fixed after about 15 seconds. Other than that it went off without a hitch!

Although on the dirty channel, my amp was picking up crazy noise from the generator for some reason. :think:
I had to be quick on the footswitch for stops.

Return to The Backstage Lounge