Music Room Remodel 2017/ COMPLETE!

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

rzbk777
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Music Room Remodel 2017/ COMPLETE!

Postby rzbk777 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 am

Looks great, nice work!

arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby arahobob » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Turned out fantastic.
Excellent job sir!
:rockon:
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

Coda
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Coda » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:51 am

Nice job, Randy! I like the outcome and I really enjoyed 'the making of...' photos & commentary. When I saw the photo of the commercial conference desk (for $15!!!) I knew that luck was on your side - it's perfect.

So how does the room sound? Is it bright and lively? I'm guessing it has a nice natural reverb. Tone report, lol...
CT624 - SH445 - Bolt+ - SCB7 - Vader7 - DC125 - Bolt Kit

Randy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Randy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:46 am

Thanks guys!

It was a lot of fun creating the space. Now I have absolutely NO EXCUSE for not practicing :laughhard:

Coda wrote:Nice job, Randy! I like the outcome and I really enjoyed 'the making of...' photos & commentary. When I saw the photo of the commercial conference desk (for $15!!!) I knew that luck was on your side - it's perfect...

The existence of the state surplus store was completely off my radar, until my wife who recently started a state job suggested I check it out. The amount and variety of stuff that the store carries was surprising! There's even a short video of the place filmed by a local news station:

https://youtu.be/iHBta9QMfpI

And who knows-- maybe someone will read this thread a year from now and discover that their state has a similar surplus store :D

Coda wrote:So how does the room sound? Is it bright and lively? I'm guessing it has a nice natural reverb. Tone report, lol...

:mrgreen: Haha! It sounds great!

The best part is that it has very good sound proofing. Originally, the owners who converted this portion of the attic to a room did so for their young daughter to have a place to play where she could have all her toys tossed about and not bother her mom (the parallel between the two uses is noted LOL!).

The room actually fits within the attic and is positioned above the garage. In other words, it is a room within a room; there is insulation on the backs of the walls and above the celling, with a walk space that surrounds the music room walls. All of that creates a fantastic sound barrier, which might not be studio quality, but is sufficient enough for me to make a bunch of noise without disturbing my wife when downstairs watching TV or reading.

A few photos to help illustrate:

While I've given thought to finishing the remainder of the attic, it's far down on my priority list... however, the garage is in the top-5 for projects this year :D

lefty1316
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby lefty1316 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:16 am

Looks great Randy! :coolpics:
http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=jzDzoUDeB0KmteYGklOCaw%3D%3D
2011 G&L ASAT Special - Blue Metallic
2008 G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy - Honeyburst
2007 G&L ASAT Classic - Butterscotch Blonde
2012 PRS Custom 24 - Fire Redburst
2000 Fender Deluxe Strat - Crimson Red Trans.

Return to The Backstage Lounge