Any Sci-Fi Readers?

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

canon_mutant
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Any Sci-Fi Readers?

Postby canon_mutant » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 pm

You guys [gals?] like to read Clancy-esque stuff? I wrote a sci-fi book nearly 10 years ago that I had to self publish. Based on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, once that date came and went and I'd only sold a whopping 469 copies, I decided to pull it. It is a short read as I pulled nearly 100 pages of additional character development and story lines from the compiled e-book as everything was priced "by the page". Edit, Publish, and Print. Though they added additional context and perhaps made a more interesting read, the additional pages did not add anything to the base plot so I pulled them and thought, if sales really took off, I could always "second edition" the book and add them back in. Anyway, if you would like a free e-book for Xmas, PM me and I'll try to figure out how to send you one? Absolutely no cost involved here. I've got another book in the works, so I'd like some additional feedback on this one to help me do the next one better.

Thanks, Garth [A.K.A. JJ Gregory]

jpgs of the covers . . .

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Any Sci-Fi Readers?

Postby Toptube » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:36 am

I only read Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

I'll take an unabridged version, if you have it. Or whatever you think is the best/complete version.

canon_mutant
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby canon_mutant » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Could you PM me your or just "an email" address I can send it to? I can't attach it here even through the PM side.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:57 am

Never read those, but sci fi was always a big part of my diet. I've been a Philip K d*ck devotee since the 80's (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? which became Blade Runner... The Man In The High Castle.. We Can Remember It For You Wholesale which became Total Recall.. Minority Report, those last two are short stories.. the great novels like "Flow My Tears," The Policeman Said, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldrich, Eye In The Sky, A Scanner Darkly, Dr. Bloodmoney, etc). A huuuuge fan of Harlan Ellison's short stories and teleplays (The City on the Edge of Forever Star Trek episode, for example). HG Wells is a huge fave.. god I could go on and on. One tippy top fave is not quite sci fi but more "Sword & sorcery" which I'm not into as a genre in general, but I love the 30's short stories of Robert E. Howard, especially the original Conan tales. Brutal, masculine writing--such amazing stories. Shame he offed himself at such a young age. I love this quote, straight from the heart of a great old school Texan.

Which can also be substituted {people online} vs {face to face interaction}.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Doctor Doug » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:15 am

Toptube wrote:I'll take an unabridged version, if you have it. Or whatever you think is the best/complete version.

Same here: thesteckler@gmail.com

canon_mutant
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby canon_mutant » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:28 pm

BTW, I no longer have an electronic copy of the "unabridged" version. Just the original hardcopy. When I edited out the extra content to save print costs, from that point on I only did backups on the published version. :wall:

Now, I could rescan 256 pages back in if it was really that important but that won't happen. Sadly, all the page breaks changed so it is not even as simple as scanning in just the extra 100 pages [as you can see, I've already thought about this]. I lost the drive on the laptop from nearly 10 years ago though [knock on wood] this is the same laptop since 2012.

This one has SSD drives though and gets regular backups. :applause:

Return to The Backstage Lounge