AC50 string output balance issue

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

eli

AC50 string output balance issue

Postby eli » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Has anyone had an issue with balancing the string output on AC50 piezo bridges? I got one second-hand and have had it to two repair guys with good reputations, but can't get the G string's low output level to match the others. Changed strings, one guy even made a new saddle. Both worked on flattening the bridge slot and flattening the bottom of the saddle.

Is it possible the wire hole in the bridge is drilled too close to the G string position, and would that cause low G string output?

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: AC50 string output balance issue

Postby HarlowTheFish » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:14 am

With piezo bridges that don't have individual string volume adjustments, that's a pretty common thing (happens a lot with acoustics in my experience). Since the thinner strings don't have as much mass, they don't have as much output. You can either thin out your lower strings or thicken up your lower ones, but I know that can be kinda inconvenient.

eli

Postby eli » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:04 pm

Can any AC40/50 owners tell me if this is common to this model?

PaulK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby PaulK » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:46 am

I have an AC40 fretless I recently bought used (would love to have an AC50!!)... the G string is not quite as loud as the others.

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses