Zeus Tuning

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

kimbass

Zeus Tuning

Postby kimbass » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi -- I have a Zeus bass, and am having trouble changing the strings due to not being able to make the claws (that hold the ball-ends) move forward towards the nut: the tuning barrel just loosens, and the claws are already too far back to do the job correctly. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Thanks

HarlowTheFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Zeus Tuning

Postby HarlowTheFish » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:52 pm

kimbass wrote:Hi -- I have a Zeus bass, and am having trouble changing the strings due to not being able to make the claws (that hold the ball-ends) move forward towards the nut: the tuning barrel just loosens, and the claws are already too far back to do the job correctly. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Thanks

If you unscrew it as far as it will go, then pull it back and keep going a little more, it screws into itself in an extended position, so you can hold it forward. That's how it is on my (guitar) system, should be the same on the bass version. It's still a little awkward, though, so I recommend using a small screwdriver through the ball end to position it and a second one to push it into place.

kimbass

Postby kimbass » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Thanks for your quick response. I actually tried that earlier, but it didn't work... maybe the larger bass system entails more friction, making it harder to get a sufficient grip. Might try Loc-tite or something like that. Right now one claw is all the way back, so I can't really get anything in there... looks like getting a strong connection between the barrel and screw would be the answer, but any additional insight would be welcome.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Does this help at all?

https://youtu.be/lEIS4cx852k

kimbass

Postby kimbass » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks, it did.

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses