Floyd Rose FRX for SH models

Suggestions & Ideas for Kiesel Guitars Products

Moderators: Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

bandit2013
Carvinite
Carvinite

Floyd Rose FRX for SH models

Postby bandit2013 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:38 pm

I have played a few guitars with the Bigsby bridge and was not very fond of it. Perhaps just a stop tail and TOM bridge would work but the recessed rout under the TOM would make it hard for the Floyd Rose FRX bridge. Perhaps not as one can make a brass plate with screws to fill the routed area. The FRX does not require body routing for the install and would work with the Semi hollow body guitars that have the stop tail arrangement.
Guitars:CT624C, DC400W(2), DC200, DC400, DC100, CS6, CT6, BoltC (2), Cobalt 350s, Amps: Mesa Boogie Roadster, RA100, Mark V combo, Carvin V3MC, Mark Bass combo, Drums: Roland TD-15KV (extended kit),Recording: Tascam DP-32SD, RODE NT1-A, Shure SM57, EV RE320, Rivera Rock Crusher Recording

amon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Floyd Rose FRX for SH models

Postby amon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:55 pm

The FRX is designed to work with guitars that have an angled neck joint. Kiesel guitars don't have this.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:21 pm

The CS does. Does the SH not?

amon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby amon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:18 am

No, the CS does not have an angled neck joint. As you can see in this pic, the fingerboard stays parallel to the top.

And neither does the SH. The bridge is recessed to overcome the need to angle the neck to make room for a TOM.

bandit2013
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby bandit2013 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:00 am

That is a bummer.... I will never own a guitar with a bigsby vibrato bridge. The FRX would be ideal for me but that is okay I can always get a Gibson (but not fond of them). Perhaps it is just a dream and not reality so this idea is easily abandoned. :(
Guitars:CT624C, DC400W(2), DC200, DC400, DC100, CS6, CT6, BoltC (2), Cobalt 350s, Amps: Mesa Boogie Roadster, RA100, Mark V combo, Carvin V3MC, Mark Bass combo, Drums: Roland TD-15KV (extended kit),Recording: Tascam DP-32SD, RODE NT1-A, Shure SM57, EV RE320, Rivera Rock Crusher Recording

Mike Jones
Kiesel Guitars Sales
Kiesel Guitars Sales

Postby Mike Jones » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 am

bandit2013 wrote:That is a bummer.... I will never own a guitar with a bigsby vibrato bridge. The FRX would be ideal for me but that is okay I can always get a Gibson (but not fond of them). Perhaps it is just a dream and not reality so this idea is easily abandoned. :(

I don't think we have plans to add a different tremolo option to the SH550 line, but we do make our new SH6 Semi-hollow Carved Top with a Hipshot trem.
Would that be a little better of a fit for you?

KieselGuitars-SH6-AUG2017-FullPage-VG.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:28 am

Interestingly, the body is actually the same overall depth as the SH550, but the CT has a more pronounced carved top, so it's slimmer at the edges. :think:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 am

amon wrote:No, the CS does not have an angled neck joint. As you can see in this pic, the fingerboard stays parallel to the top.
And neither does the SH. The bridge is recessed to overcome the need to angle the neck to make room for a TOM.

Ahh, yes, you are correct that the CS doesn't have an angled neck pocket. Because of the shape of the carved top, it gives the feel of a somewhat angled-back neck, but it's not as pronounced which means the bridge doesn't have to be up on stilts like on an LP.

bandit2013
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby bandit2013 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:47 am

Mike Jones wrote:
bandit2013 wrote:That is a bummer.... I will never own a guitar with a bigsby vibrato bridge. The FRX would be ideal for me but that is okay I can always get a Gibson (but not fond of them). Perhaps it is just a dream and not reality so this idea is easily abandoned. :(

I don't think we have plans to add a different tremolo option to the SH550 line, but we do make our new SH6 Semi-hollow Carved Top with a Hipshot trem.
Would that be a little better of a fit for you?

KieselGuitars-SH6-AUG2017-FullPage-VG.jpg

Locking tremolo or no tremolo at all would be my preference. I have no interests in the hip shot products or similar bridges that do not have the feature set of the Floyd Rose or Kahler. I am aware of the tuners that lock the string but does not prevent them from getting detuned from bends and such.

Thank you for the response, I am also interested in the SH6 as well. Can you order it with the acoustic saddles on the TOM?.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:27 am

bandit2013 wrote:
Thank you for the response, I am also interested in the SH6 as well. Can you order it with the acoustic saddles on the TOM?.

Piezo acoustic saddles: yes.
TOM: Yes, with the stop-tailpiece (no string-through M-bridge version on the semi-hollows).

Return to Product Suggestions