Headless Club

Threads by Owners of Specific Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Instruments

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: re: Headless Club

Postby MarshallTSL » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:18 pm

bd, your guitar is why Carvin offers Teal. It's a PERFECT match.

bd wrote:Image

vlnbow
Gold Member
Gold Member

re: Headless Club

Postby vlnbow » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:20 am

HH2x in DPW

After a killswitch mod

Mod 3.0 - Pickguard, F-hole, 12th fret large dot, EBMM Petrucci switch, electronics and knobs.

Last edited by vlnbow on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:02 am

All y'all posting body shots of your Holdies are missing the point. :wink:

vlnbow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vlnbow » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:12 am

Casual Madman wrote:All y'all posting body shots of your Holdies are missing the point. :wink:

What do you mean? you want to see the matching headstocks?...

Nothing to see here folks...move along, move along....

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:14 am

Show me the nothing! :shock:

vlnbow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vlnbow » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:53 am

and lest we forget - the "fun" of personalized truss rod covers...

ted
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ted » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:14 am

Casual Madman wrote:Show me the nothing! :shock:

Yeah, the close-ups are compulsory, but I do enjoy seeing a full body shot of every one of these guitars, showing the headless aspect. Sometimes its really hard to get a full guitar in a photo-- and still have a lot of detail in the frame-- but with the headless guitars, you can get in a step or two closer. :)

colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby colossal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 am

Dang it, you guys are really making me want a couple more (shaking fist)! I am thinking one with a spalt top and another with spruce :stir: :roll: :wall:

LabyrinthShredder
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby LabyrinthShredder » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Whoa!! I love the diamond pearl white! Seriously considered this finish on mine; looks so cool, especially with those white pickups!! Well posted sir! :applause:
2015 Kiesel Darth Vader 8 Satin Black Flame, 2013 HH2X Clear Satin Spalted Maple, 2012 DC800 Satin DTS Clear Quilt, 2011 ST300C Gloss Black Stain Quilt
INCREATE

vlnbow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vlnbow » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Thanks! I kinda like it too.

It was originally going to be radiation green (i saw a pic of someone pair with a yellow gold and rad. green 7 strings that looked good together so...) but at the last minute I had a vision (actually Evster mocked it up) and I loved it, so I called and made a change.

And funny enough, the one I have in the oven was going to be Spalted maple with walnut back and sides - which would have looked like yours - almost.

But I went a totally different direction and did some super secret Opt 50 items (TEASER)...so you can look for that around May...jeez that seems so long away!

Greg Emm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Pearl Blue HH2

Postby Greg Emm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:09 pm

"Bluey." Just arrived. I chose the color (and stole the name) as a nod to Mike Watt's much-loved 1966 Thunderbird II bass:

[Credit: http://hootpage.com/hoot_gallery-thudstaffs.html]

Standard HH2 but for the C22T in the bridge, rosewood fingerboard sporting block inlays, white coils and knobs. Thanks to Mike Jones for a post-order pickup swap--sounds amazing!

Regrets for the glare in these hasty pictures: hopefully, the second highlights the rosewood fingerboard. I was going for "contrasts" with this build--black and white, warm and cool colors. Aesthetically, it's akin to 11CaliSpecGT's stunningly wicked "Mean Green Machine" that appears earlier in this thread.

[With ultra-rare blue Snaggletooth Star Wars figure.]

Thanks again to LabyrinthShredder for starting this thread and for all of the awesome Carvin HH fans who have made it such a cool place to hang out.

Publius77

Postby Publius77 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:09 am

Hi there

Back again. Sorry it took so long but if you've been keeping up with the affairs of the UK you'll know that natural light isn't something we've had much of over the past few months. Anyway, the sun popped out earlier today and I was finally able to get a couple of good shots of the HH1X.

Hope these are what you guys were looking for.

Note: the short trem' arm finally arrived. The overall design is now complete.

BTW - love that Claro Walnut top. Seriously thinking about the next HH1 design already, if a Tyler Burning Water doesn't happen first.

ted
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ted » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:19 am

Wow Publius77, thanks for the full body pics of your awesome HH1. Yes, that's the type of pic I was craving-- that thing is beautiful. You and Labyrinth_Shredder both got amazing spalts on your HH1s. Thanks again for posting those.

Greg Emm, congrats on your new HH2! Seeing rosewood with block inlays is a bit different for the HH2--I can't wait to see how it looks in more detailed photos. The color scheme does seem to have a cool retro thing about it which I like. Looks a bit 70's, yet with modern design. I can kinda see what you were going for with the warm/cool and I want to see more. :)

Greg Emm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Greg Emm » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks for the kindly comments, ted. I'll try to get more pictures of better quality out here soon.

In the meantime, along with many others, I'll continue to enjoy being stunned by Publius77's amazing spalt HH1X! An absolutely incredible guitar, to be sure.

shpence

Postby shpence » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:09 am

Placed my order for an HH2 a few weeks ago and am planning on putting a set of Bare Knuckle pickups in it. Does anyone know if the pickup spacing is 50 or 53mm? Thanks!

vlnbow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vlnbow » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 am

shpence wrote:Placed my order for an HH2 a few weeks ago and am planning on putting a set of Bare Knuckle pickups in it. Does anyone know if the pickup spacing is 50 or 53mm? Thanks!

What spacing are you looking for?

The inside space of the bezels are 69mm X 36mm

String spacing at the bridge is 50mm

shpence

Postby shpence » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:26 am

vlnbow wrote:
shpence wrote:Placed my order for an HH2 a few weeks ago and am planning on putting a set of Bare Knuckle pickups in it. Does anyone know if the pickup spacing is 50 or 53mm? Thanks!

What spacing are you looking for?

The inside space of the bezels are 69mm X 36mm

String spacing at the bridge is 50mm

I should've been more specific but you answered my question. 50mm it is! Much appreciated.

-Leo-

Postby -Leo- » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Hey guys, INSANE looking guitars here.

So i pulled the triggered and made the call yesterday.
Question for u spalted guys. I noticed on some order sheets there is the note (active spalt etc…)
Is that something u added for the forum or is it the way ur order sheet came in ur email? Cause I specifically asked for a very active and even spalted top and the guy (who was really nice and helpful) said he put a note there but there is nothing on the email with the specs I got right after I put the order and send the deposit.

Should I call and make sure we are on the same page or something?

Thanx

vlnbow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vlnbow » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Did you get charged extra? He may have made a side note ( more of a suggestion ). If they note a special request on an order it is a minimum $100 up charge.

-Leo-

Postby -Leo- » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:09 pm

I did not get charged extra but of course the spalted maple top is $400 by itself. I thought u get charged extra only if u want them to try and match it to a picture.

Return to Guitar & Bass Clubs