Kiesel Random Thoughts (not worth their own thread)

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Kiesel Random Thoughts (not worth their own thread)

Postby gumbynotpokey » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:21 am

spudmunkey wrote:Just put a Hail Mary offer on a Carvin bass. If they bite, it's over 75% off what it would have cost new. I'm not optimistic, though, but still excited.

Try a set of flats some time. Amazing difference.
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

Treadplatedual
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Treadplatedual » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 am

spudmunkey wrote:Just put a Hail Mary offer on a Carvin bass.

Heading over to the dark side, are we?
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:12 am

Guess he isn't motivated enough to sell. He posted it for $600 OBO, i offered $500 twice. No responses from either. Still listed for $600 obo.

In the meantine, a 6-string neck through (don't remember if Icon or LB) with defective electronics was posted for $250 (if I remember right) but that sold pretty quick.

Oh, well. My $170 Ibanez is suiting me well enough... especially since all but one guitar is going into storage for a few months (construction on the house addition and new roof has (finally) started. Din't want to risk anything getting damaged.

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:51 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Guess he isn't motivated enough to sell. He posted it for $600 OBO, i offered $500 twice. No responses from either. Still listed for $600 obo.

I take it the "B" stands for "better", as in better than $600? $600 being his "floor". :?:
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:40 pm

All instruments and music equipment have been in storage for just under a month while our house is getting worked on. Getting seriously stir-crazy. about 2 months to go...
Last edited by spudmunkey on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:12 am

spudmunkey wrote:All instruments and music equipment have been in storage for just under a month while out house is getting worked on. Getting seriously stir-crazy. about 2 months to go...

That's rough. A week away from home for a funeral and I was REALLY missing my guitars.
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:01 pm

spudmunkey wrote:All instruments and music equipment have been in storage for just under a month while our house is getting worked on. Getting seriously stir-crazy. about 2 months to go...

It gets better, man. Prior to getting a new place, half my music equipment spent 2 years in storage. It's been like getting a bunch of stuff I forgot about back.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:11 pm

Yeah, we're going from 760sqft 2bd/1ba, and adding in to the back so it's 1030sqft and 3br/2ba....plus and entire re-roof, adding skylights to the living room, and a small roof deck over the new addition. So I can't really complain. :lol:

Two bathrooms!!! I haven't lived somewhere with 2 bathrooms since 2001. Ha! We will no longer have to be strategic about who has to wake up earlier to shower for work first, or coordinate our poops.

Treadplatedual
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Treadplatedual » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:33 am

Haha!

You know, here in flyover country, you can get 2000 sqdt and 3 or 4 baths for likely half of what you west coast folks pay :)

You could have an entire floor of your house dedicated to guitars, and still have more space than now! :)
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:28 am

I grew up in rural Wisconsin. We paid more for this 750 sqft house on a 25'x100' lot than my parent's did for their 2200 sqft ranch with a full basement and 10 acres. Ha!

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:51 am

I used to have a real estate license in NYC and practiced it for a couple years.

One of the first things they teach you in classes for the test is "Never put square footage on rental apartments in Manhattan."

Why? Because someone sitting in the midwest or even on the west coast, that's looking to move, will read that a $2800 one bedroom apartment in a decent area of the upper east side or Chelsea is only 500 square feet, and will never look further and set an appointment.

500 Sq Ft. is actually not bad at that price in those neighborhoods, especially within a 5 -6 block walk to the subway... but without the perspective of being here in NYC, immersed in the madness of the reality of these crazy prices, the person reading your ad from afar will think "$2800 for 500 lousy square feet? I have a 3,000 square foot home with a backyard a front yard and my mortgage here in _________ is only 900 a month!" and they'll never call or email, thinking it's a ripoff.

You have to let them get to the city, arrive, see the reality, and see the proof that your listing is actually normal and possibly even a steal.

But NYC has become completely ridiculous. Never mind music, it's the price of living and doing your daily thing that I pity the millenials most about. They've been handed a shart show.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:16 pm

SF is similar. My parents and I still send each other the occasional real estate listing from the San Francisco are and rural-ish Wisconsin (I say rural-ish because they sold than 10-acre property and they have since moved to "the city" of 30,000 people) because they are both hilarious. Here: 1BR condo: $3m. There: 4br, 3ba house on 2 acres: $220k. :lol:

Walking down the sidewalk one day, I heard 3 people trying to rationalize $2K for a studio, because it wouldn't be that bad if all three of them lived there, and split it 3 ways. They all worked for a tech way-beyond-start-up.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:19 pm

About ten years ago, where the present day madness in NYC was already well underway (we went from initial post-9/11 doldrums where NOTHING HAPPENED, to a total explosion and everybody wants to live here again like the early 20th century) I swear I saw a segment on 60 minutes or maybe even a local news show here.. and there was people renting out A TRANSOM ABOVE A DOORWAY. They slung a little mattress/bunk up under the ceiling, and made the transom a little window, and put little drawers running down the side of the bunk up there...... and--wait for it--asking one thousand for it, the line was running out the front door and down the walk up steps to the apartment in the tenement.

Insanity.
Carvin Weaponry:
...and other gear.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:27 pm

That's hilarious, amazing, and depressing....I've got one for you:

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/26/live-in ... month.html

Live in this Silicon Valley man's tent ... for $900 a month

"And he has about 20-30 people who have requested to stay there, with a handful of people asking to stay for a month or longer."

:lol:

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Holy smokes. That's nuts. :lol:
Carvin Weaponry:
...and other gear.

Return to The Backstage Lounge