Hasta la bye-bye

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Bob77
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Hasta la bye-bye

Postby Bob77 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:44 pm

I visit often, mostly offline, mostly because I just do not have the time anymore with so much work and family stuff. Same thing with other forums I like.

One challenges I see with these types of forums is that they become more of a "club" type of thing - especially this one which is owned by the company. The market is so saturated now with so many companies building so many great guitars. Consumers are pickier and harder to satisfy...and not committed to anything or anyone in particular...and strongly opinionated LOL..so they move onto other platforms very quickly...especially the ones that allow them to express their strong opinions freely :lol:
Carvin guitars: AC375, Cobalt 250, Bolt-T.
Carvin amps: Legacy I w/Mesa 2X12 Rectifier speaker cab, AG100D.

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

I like it here largely because it's not as miserable and annoying as the rest of the internet.
facebook.com/hamfistrocks

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:28 am

Doctor Doug wrote:I like it here largely because it's not as miserable and annoying as the rest of the internet.

+1 And its always been this way, for the most part. 8)
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:38 pm

Doctor Doug wrote:I like it here largely because it's not as miserable and annoying as the rest of the internet.

100% this. I've never seen another webinet community that's as thoughtful and well-mannered as this one is generally.

ultraVpilot
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ultraVpilot » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Haven't left. Just demoted to lurker status. This thread is full of what I consider "the regulars".

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:11 pm

ultraVpilot wrote:Haven't left. Just demoted to lurker status. This thread is full of what I consider "the regulars".

:wink:
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 am

Actually, foruming is alive and well on the internet. Its brand specific or subject specific forums which have died out. Places like Reddit and 4Chan are huge and have sections and threads for virtually anything. Often fostering a general culture, but also section or even thread specific cultures.

More specific stuff tends to nowadays be consolidated into a couple of popular communities. Rather than the many fragmented forums of past years. And then there may be a couple of smaller, viable places. Which foster a different enough culture that the few users who like it, are passionate enough about that difference, to keep it alive (I.E. Kiesel forums).

Facebook groups and twitter have somewhat supplanted things for casual seekers of info. And that may be why many of the brand and subject specific forums have died off.

Return to The Backstage Lounge