Osiris Intonation

Advice and tips on building a Carvin Guitars kit.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Osiris Intonation

Postby PJCruz » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:32 pm

I'm just wondering how we adjust intonation on the floating Hipshot/Kiesel trem on the headless Orsiris. I don't see an adjustment to the saddles other than string height.

Thanks

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Osiris Intonation

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Screenshot_20181220-215942_Samsung Internet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Thanks spudmonkey...

But I don't even think I'll get that far. I can't even put the dang strings on.. it's all jacked up.. I've changed strings on floyd guitars for years and figured this would be easy.. Hell no!! Been at it for hours.. finally removed the few strings I had on there (it was a mess.. and couldn't even be tuned).. and dropped it from the 2nd story window.

I'm going to bed....

some of the tuners do ok.. others dont have enough travel.. and the screw end sticks out the back of the tuning key.. and the string is all floppy amd won't tune to pitch due to the tuner running out of travel. The video I found online of a vader really didn't show upclose what's going on. I'm obviously missing something OR this is a defective unit.

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:57 pm

I finally got it figured out. After much blood sweat and tears....

I found it helpful to insert the string first thru the nut but not lock it down.. then put the ball end into the "capture" point in the bridge saddle and then "pull it all the way back." Then pull the string the OTHER way to the front (towards the pickups). It looks like when you pull it back away from the pickups.. it somehow "locks" the ballend (or seats it in the carrier).. and then you pull the ball end to the front (near the pickups) by PULLING the string from the nut.. THEN lock down the nut allen key tight.. then you can begin tightening the tuning key on the bridge.

The little instruction sheet for the headless/vader guitars didn't give enough detail.. only after some searching on google and youtube did I find the secret sauce....

Now, time to tackle the Becker O6X.

HarlowTheFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:02 pm

One thing that helps is the hex majiggy they give you to adjust saddle action (the really tiny one) fits through the ball end of strings, so you can poke it through and use it to hold it into the claw while you work on the headpiece. I have a hardtail, so no trem balancing issues on my end, but people online (and on this forum) seem fond of sticking a block between the back of the Hipshot trem and the body while changing strings because it's pretty easy to access.

Return to Builder's Forum