Live Stream Updates

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Live Stream Updates

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:14 pm

*laughs* Apparently Gibson sent Carvin a cease-and-decist letter about the UltraV years ago. They apologized and pulled it back...but then sent one to Kiesel for the same thing. :lol:

He's online right now, drawing lines on an unfinished Type X, to cut off the "horns" on the band saw to make it a "Type V" in celebration, in addition to the $150 off for president's day. ha!

helldorado
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby helldorado » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:43 pm

spudmunkey wrote:*laughs* Apparently Gibson sent Carvin a cease-and-decist letter about the UltraV years ago. They apologized and pulled it back...but then sent one to Kiesel for the same thing. :lol:

He's online right now, drawing lines on an unfinished Type X, to cut off the "horns" on the band saw to make it a "Type V" in celebration, in addition to the $150 off for president's day. ha!

I was wondering what happened that all the fanboys were awfully triggered and going on about Gibson.

I just usually like to read the comments seeing the kids complain about the boomers and others showing how little they know about the industry in general. :lol:

Quivering Wrist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Quivering Wrist » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:39 am

Aries has a free case if you order now and free roasted neck and fingerboard and free slim neck.

You can get all of this for under $1200. try to find any other guitar maker who sells with stainless steel frets for $1200 and you might only find one. Kiesel..

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 pm

I've tried to ask this question a few times on different live streams and finally got it answered:

"can you guys offer Hipshot Ultra Lite tuners on basses?"

and Jeff said no, they cannot.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:59 pm

I wonder if the holes are the same size?

When it comes to non-standard hardware, (customer supplied) switches and D-tuna seem to be the extent they are willing to go.

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:58 pm

spudmunkey wrote:I wonder if the holes are the same size?

When it comes to non-standard hardware, (customer supplied) switches and D-tuna seem to be the extent they are willing to go.

Yeah, Gotoh res-o-lites might be more directly compatible. But I figure I should ask about hipshots, because they are American and Kiesel already has other hardware from them.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery