Set up

Threads by Owners of Specific Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Instruments

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

pauldrock

Set up

Postby pauldrock » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Do Kiesel guitars come set up from the factory ?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Set up

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Yes, but if you have specific strings you'd like to send in, or tuning you want to use, let your salesperson know at the time of order (not after).

pauldrock

Postby pauldrock » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:20 pm

its a great guitar but it docent play right have to have it set up by my guitar guy there some dead frets on the g string up past 15 fret I'm sure it play like better after its set up properly

SilkyHotLicks
Carvinite
Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby SilkyHotLicks » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:03 pm

I've been resisting my impulse to reply to this post but I had an experience on Saturday that ties in to your question.

Firstly, I have never purchased a guitar with my preferred strings and my preferred setup and I personally own over twenty. Which means that every one required another setup with intonation adjustment and sometimes a truss rod adjustment. I'm glad that I took the time to learn how to do it myself

Secondly, I was at a local boutique builders shop on Saturday when a guy walks in, picks up the most expensive guitar in the shop and then begins to complain that the guitar is setup is wrong. I pick it up and it feels and sounds great to me.

The difference is 1mm. This particular builder sets his guitars at a 2mm string height at the 17 fret which is perfect for my style of playing but apparently not for this guy as he prefers 1mm or lower. LOWER, Wow :|

Return to Guitar & Bass Clubs