They need to mention stainless steel frets in the instock

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

Quivering Wrist
Gold Member
Gold Member

They need to mention stainless steel frets in the instock

Postby Quivering Wrist » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:33 am

As far as I can tell there is no mention of standard stainless steel frets medium on the in stock page. Buts a big selling point they are missing. And even I question does it have stainless? What if its an old stock or a return from when they used non stainless? The only time they mention stainless is when it has frets other than medium.

silvergoat2k6
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: They need to mention stainless steel frets in the instock

Postby silvergoat2k6 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:35 am

Stainless frets now come standard, and unless mentioned otherwise, they are most likely medium-jumbo.
*Dean* "The Kiesel BBS Ultra V Dude"
6 Ultra V's, Aries A6H, NZ624M Neil Zaza Signature, NZ6H Neil Zaza Signature, CS3, 2 GH3's, Solo S6H
Proud Member of #teamzaza

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:57 am

Quivering Wrist wrote:As far as I can tell there is no mention of standard stainless steel frets medium on the in stock page. Buts a big selling point they are missing. And even I question does it have stainless? What if its an old stock or a return from when they used non stainless? The only time they mention stainless is when it has frets other than medium.

The in-stocks only list things that aren't the standard, for the most part. For example, the first one doesn't list its quartersawn 1-piece maple neck or alder body, fretboard radius, gloss body or tung oil neck. The ones with chrome hardware don't list that.

Stainless frets have been standard on all builds now (except for the AJ models) for about 2.5 years now. I seems unlikely that there's any in-stocks left that are that old.

customaxe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby customaxe » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 am

Quivering Wrist wrote:As far as I can tell there is no mention of standard stainless steel frets medium on the in stock page. Buts a big selling point they are missing. And even I question does it have stainless? What if its an old stock or a return from when they used non stainless? The only time they mention stainless is when it has frets other than medium.

It's good to be informed before you go spending a ton of money on a guitar :). Stainless frets have been standard for like 3 years, no one is able to return a guitar to Kiesel for them to sell in-stock from 3+ years ago. If you don't see the fret material listed, it is always stainless. And if you're uncertain, it's ten seconds to call them up and ask the question.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars