6 & 7-string Delos now available in 26.5" & 27" (respectively) scale

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, ChrisH, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, peb

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 18972
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

6 & 7-string Delos now available in 26.5" & 27" (respectively) scale

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:12 pm

Kiesel, on Facebook wrote:This Solo [sic?] has a 27 inch scale which we now offer on this model! Give us a call at 858-GUITARS.


[edit: They've since corrected their facebook post. It is indeed a 27" Delos and not a copy-paste error from a 27" Solo]

242109602_3033109923638956_5932221337686002816_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1084
Joined: Jan 2018

Re: 7-string Delos now available in 27" scale (?)

Postby helldorado » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:38 pm

I would be more interested if the Delos 6 string was offered in 27" scale.

7 string Delos just feels, odd. Like the classic Strat shape just doesn't lend itself to certain setups.

CanserDYI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Feb 2021

Re: 7-string Delos now available in 27" scale (?)

Postby CanserDYI » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:23 pm

^Yes, while this is tempting, I'm more interested in bari 6's than 7's. I like my 7 strings at 25.5, I keep them in drop A. Then use baritones for 6 string G Standard stuff which sounds awesome.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 18972
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: 6 & 7-string Delos now available in 26.5" & 27" (respectively) scale

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Thread title updated to reflect the 26.5" scale 6-string, which was announced on today's live-stream.

It's availble with the fixed Hipshot and the Hipshot/Kiesel trem.

No word either way if this includes the HD, or the 22 fret Delos 6-string. But I doubt it for either. More doubt for the 22 fret option, though.

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1084
Joined: Jan 2018

Re: 6 & 7-string Delos now available in 26.5" & 27" (respectively) scale

Postby helldorado » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:09 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Thread title updated to reflect the 26.5" scale 6-string, which was announced on today's live-stream.

It's availble with the fixed Hipshot and the Hipshot/Kiesel trem.

No word either way if this includes the HD, or the 22 fret Delos 6-string. But I doubt it for either. More doubt for the 22 fret option, though.


I would imagine the 26.5" Delos will be 24 frets, every other 26.5" scale 6 string model they offer comes that way. I really would've loved for it to come in 27" scale, but I'll take 26.5"! I already have 3 Fenders with their 27" conversion neck, so I guess 26.5" offers me some more variety. :lol:

I've always thought a satin KRG Delos would look awesome with combination of black and green accessories. But I didn't really want one in 25.5" scale.

Now the hard thing is I had been *strongly* considering ordering a Solo in 26.5" scale with the Hiland pickup set, been mostly waiting to see what kind of sales they do for year end. But if I opted for the Solo, would I get the JH6 pickup set, Mark's Singles, or the gawdawful looking Beryllium singles (or sounding Lithiums) that I'd swap for Fralin pickups on day one? :?

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 18972
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: 6 & 7-string Delos now available in 26.5" & 27" (respectively) scale

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:33 pm

helldorado wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:Thread title updated to reflect the 26.5" scale 6-string, which was announced on today's live-stream.

It's availble with the fixed Hipshot and the Hipshot/Kiesel trem.

No word either way if this includes the HD, or the 22 fret Delos 6-string. But I doubt it for either. More doubt for the 22 fret option, though.


I would imagine the 26.5" Delos will be 24 frets, every other 26.5" scale 6 string model they offer comes that way. I really would've loved for it to come in 27" scale, but I'll take 26.5"! I already have 3 Fenders with their 27" conversion neck, so I guess 26.5" offers me some more variety. :lol:

I've always thought a satin KRG Delos would look awesome with combination of black and green accessories. But I didn't really want one in 25.5" scale.

Now the hard thing is I had been *strongly* considering ordering a Solo in 26.5" scale with the Hiland pickup set, been mostly waiting to see what kind of sales they do for year end. But if I opted for the Solo, would I get the JH6 pickup set, Mark's Singles, or the gawdawful looking Beryllium singles (or sounding Lithiums) that I'd swap for Fralin pickups on day one? :?


You're a braver man than I am. The single worst-feeling guitar I've ever played, ergonomically, was a 27" tele. The nut felt like it was a mile away, being a single cut. :lol: But, I'm also sooo not used to extended scales. I plan on building a baritone (something like a bass iv), but I'd be building it sort of more like a bass, with the bridge pulled way back on the body. to help bring the nut in.

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1084
Joined: Jan 2018

Re: 6 & 7-string Delos now available in 26.5" & 27" (respectively) scale

Postby helldorado » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:59 pm

spudmunkey wrote:You're a braver man than I am. The single worst-feeling guitar I've ever played, ergonomically, was a 27" tele. The nut felt like it was a mile away, being a single cut. :lol: But, I'm also sooo not used to extended scales. I plan on building a baritone (something like a bad iv), but I'd be building it sort of more like a bass, with the bridge pulled way back on the body. to help bring the nut in.


The 26.5" and 27" scales at this point really feel just like a normal guitar to me, but I do have wide hands and am over 6 feet tall. At this point, I almost never pick up my Gibsons because they feel so squished. :-(

Now on the other hand, I have a Warmoth baritone and that has a 28-5/8" scale. That one starts to feel a bit long because the nut is literally over 3" further away than a standard Fender 25.5" scale. :lol:


Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests