SH-575 Help

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, soundchick, peb, ChrisH, Bundy, RockCrue

Mapleleaf14

SH-575 Help

Postby Mapleleaf14 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:36 am

Hey gang!

I just picked up a like new Carvin SH-575 in Honey Burst, with the synth access Graphtech piezo and am wondering how I can date it?!?

I know that Carvin/Kiesel doesn’t have S/N records but I was thinking that any of you with a S/N close to mine might be able to give me a rough idea of the year of manufacture? It unfortunately didn’t come with any paperwork.

It is S/N 105978
Square black Carvin had shell case

I’m very happy with it - it’s really mint and sounds great, looks great and I got it for less than an Epiphone!

Mapleleaf14

Re: SH-575 Help

Postby Mapleleaf14 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:56 am

ANY SH-575 owners out there?

If you could give your S/N and year it could help me narrow down what mine is!

It has Sperzel tuners so I guess it has to be 2012 or older right? (I think Carvin/Kiesel switched from Sperzels to their own Carvin-branded tuners in 2013?)

Speaking of the tuners, I guess I always considered Sperzels really good but seeing that they are 12:1 ratio, I've decided to replace mine with a set of the Graphtech Ratio locking tuners...I'm a big fan of those tuners and have them on several of my guitars...I think their "individual ratios for each tuner" thing is legit.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:41 am

There aren't any identifying characteristics that would narrow it down any further than 2008 (when the model released) and 2013 (if I remember correctly, this is when they switched from the Sperzels).

Kiesel may have the specs for a build that recent. Usually once you start getting into the mid 2000s is where their available info starts trailing off.

I've always wanted to try the ratio tuners, but I use my tuners so infrequently I don't think I'd notice if one day one of my guitars magically switched to them. :lol:

Have you already ordererd/installed them? How did it go?

If you haven't, here's a thread from someone who has, and there's some good info in there about the invisi-whatever plates (for example that the gold tuners came with them, but they were silver):
viewtopic.php?t=47120

Mapleleaf14

Postby Mapleleaf14 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:52 pm

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I’ve put the Ratios on already…I’ve used them on several guitars already, so pretty familiar with their installation.

So I guess I’m looking in the 2008-2013 range.

Very impressed with the SH-575’s build and tones…worth well more than what I paid for sure!

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars