Is Silver Metal Flake still an option

Advice and tips on building a Carvin Guitars kit.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick

markp

Is Silver Metal Flake still an option

Postby markp » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:45 am

I am trying to decide between a Vader 7 and LM7.
Since I have a RG2127x which is a bolt on with piezo already, I am leaning toward a Vader.
But when specing out I could not find the Silver Metal Flake (MFS) as an option.
Do they still offer this finish as an option? Is it expensive?

I am really looking at this: https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitargal ... uitars.php
edit: https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitargal ... allery.jpg
custom pink/red/black cherry fade (50), silver metal flake (MFS)

Anybody have any idea how much extra MFS and the three fades will add?

amispy
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Is Silver Metal Flake still an option

Postby amispy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:49 am

Yes, silver metal flake is still available. They just offered it as an option in the Aries neckthrough run.
There's lots of options not listed in the online builder. Your best bet is to call in and talk to the guys.
I don't remember the price of metal flake or custom fades. I feel like each one is about $400 to $600 upcharge, but I could be wrong.
AE185, 2 x A6H, AB5, Bolt, Cobalt 750T, DC200T, 2 x DC7X, D6H, 2 x D6X, JB200C, JH6, LB75, PB5, V220M, KV6X, 2 x V59K

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Is Silver Metal Flake still an option

Postby helldorado » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:47 pm

Silver metal flake is the base for any single sparkle finish, and they still offer them.

amispy is on target. Silver metal flake is $600 + the cost of the trans finish on top. So a normal sparkle finish using one of the standard trans colors, like aqua sparkle, is $640. A fade can run $200-600 depending on the colors and complexity. You'll have to call for an accurate cost on the fade since that needs to be run by Jeff.

Return to Builder's Forum