Week 14 Build 14

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

madvillebirdman

Week 14 Build 14

Postby madvillebirdman » Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 am

It's week 14 on build #14. I know it has to be close. Does anyone know if they are back to regular work hours or still under virus lockdown hours? Happy jams to all.

theleftylair
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Re: Week 14 Build 14

Postby theleftylair » Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 am

madvillebirdman wrote:It's week 14 on build #14. I know it has to be close. Does anyone know if they are back to regular work hours or still under virus lockdown hours? Happy jams to all.

They were always working 40 hours/week throughout the pandemic. The only difference was a few weeks back they did 4 10-hr days but they are back to 5 days a week. I think Jeff even mentioned that he is offering some OT due to the number of builds in the works (over 1,000 right now). He also recently mentioned them working at 10-16 weeks. Take with that what you will.
Current Builds (of course lefties): Double-Neck Osiris, HD-FG2, CAM6, and DCM6
Past Builds: CS624, HH2 (Fretless), and CC275
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theleftylair/

madvillebirdman

Postby madvillebirdman » Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 am

theleftylair wrote:
madvillebirdman wrote:It's week 14 on build #14. I know it has to be close. Does anyone know if they are back to regular work hours or still under virus lockdown hours? Happy jams to all.

They were always working 40 hours/week throughout the pandemic. The only difference was a few weeks back they did 4 10-hr days but they are back to 5 days a week. I think Jeff even mentioned that he is offering some OT due to the number of builds in the works (over 1,000 right now). He also recently mentioned them working at 10-16 weeks. Take with that what you will.

COOL! Thanks for the reply!

theleftylair
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby theleftylair » Thu May 28, 2020 8:45 am

madvillebirdman wrote:
theleftylair wrote:

No problem! I'm also at 14 weeks today on one of my builds. So I'm very eager for it to ship out soon.

Sagebrother

Postby Sagebrother » Thu May 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Me too.. Getting very anxious...

clayyton

Postby clayyton » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:54 am

theleftylair wrote:
madvillebirdman wrote:
theleftylair wrote:

No problem! I'm also at 14 weeks today on one of my builds. So I'm very eager for it to ship out soon.

I know the feeling! I'm entering week 17 myself. Very excited but oh man I just want that shipping notification to show up haha.

madvillebirdman

Postby madvillebirdman » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:00 am

I got my Fed-Ex shipping notice this morning. Just under 16 weeks for a custom made American guitar is not bad at all. It should be here Friday. :)

pgostickman

Postby pgostickman » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:44 am

madvillebirdman wrote:I got my Fed-Ex shipping notice this morning. Just under 16 weeks for a custom made American guitar is not bad at all. It should be here Friday. :)

Congrats!

madvillebirdman

Postby madvillebirdman » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:06 am

pgostickman wrote:
madvillebirdman wrote:I got my Fed-Ex shipping notice this morning. Just under 16 weeks for a custom made American guitar is not bad at all. It should be here Friday. :)

Congrats!

Thanks. Did not turn out as well as I'd hoped. I ordered the standard inline GT6 headstock and got the pointy 3x3 H33. So this build will be going back. Big Bummer.

theleftylair
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby theleftylair » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:27 pm

madvillebirdman wrote:
pgostickman wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks. Did not turn out as well as I'd hoped. I ordered the standard inline GT6 headstock and got the pointy 3x3 H33. So this build will be going back. Big Bummer.

What a shame! How the hell did it even ship out like that? What a huge oversight on QC's end. They shipped my double-neck with the wrong case. Hopefully there isn't part of a larger pattern of mistakes due to high volume.

madvillebirdman

Postby madvillebirdman » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:37 am

theleftylair wrote:
madvillebirdman wrote:
pgostickman wrote:

Congrats!

What a shame! How the hell did it even ship out like that? What a huge oversight on QC's end. They shipped my double-neck with the wrong case. Hopefully there isn't part of a larger pattern of mistakes due to high volume.

I was very disappointed to say the least. I had to send them my email order confirmation yesterday that showed the standard Inline GT6 headstock listed. They claim the order somehow defaulted to the H33 which sounds like BS to cover a manufacturing error. The H33 headstock option is an extra $20. And would have been listed on the invoice. It is a mess. I told them to "convince" me to keep the wrong guitar. So now I am waiting again.

theleftylair
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby theleftylair » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:01 am

madvillebirdman wrote: I was very disappointed to say the least. I had to send them my email order confirmation yesterday that showed the standard Inline GT6 headstock listed. They claim the order somehow defaulted to the H33 which sounds like BS to cover a manufacturing error. The H33 headstock option is an extra $20. And would have been listed on the invoice. It is a mess. I told them to "convince" me to keep the wrong guitar. So now I am waiting again.

Yeah definitely anything with a surcharge would appear on the invoice. Odd for them to not just own up to the error. I would send it back. Keeping a guitar that didn't have the specs you selected and wanted will probably bother you every time you see and play it.

What model was your model?

madvillebirdman

Postby madvillebirdman » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:00 pm

theleftylair wrote:
madvillebirdman wrote: I was very disappointed to say the least. I had to send them my email order confirmation yesterday that showed the standard Inline GT6 headstock listed. They claim the order somehow defaulted to the H33 which sounds like BS to cover a manufacturing error. The H33 headstock option is an extra $20. And would have been listed on the invoice. It is a mess. I told them to "convince" me to keep the wrong guitar. So now I am waiting again.

Yeah definitely anything with a surcharge would appear on the invoice. Odd for them to not just own up to the error. I would send it back. Keeping a guitar that didn't have the specs you selected and wanted will probably bother you every time you see and play it.

What model was your model?

I always get DC127 guitars. It's been my favorite model since 1995. And you are spot on about the incorrect specs. I haven't played this one yet, and it probably would end up sitting in the back of my studio. WOW! I just heard back from Joe S. and he said Jeff is going to allow a complete new rebuild with the correct headstock!! I think that is awesome. I'd rather wait a little longer and get something I will play. I just don't like 3+3 headstocks. I am still in shock they are starting a new guitar.

relias7505
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby relias7505 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 pm

Wow I shouldn't complain, going on 7 weeks for my CS3 Goldtop :D
My Kiesel/Carvin collection: ST300 (M22SD bridge, S60A middle, Twin Blade neck), SCB6 (S22B bridge, S22J neck), Bolt Classic (AP11's in all positions), SH550 (S22T in the neck and bridge), CS3 Goldtop (Parallax bridge and Gambale neck), AC375, CL450 and CC275 12 String.

madvillebirdman

Postby madvillebirdman » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:23 am

relias7505 wrote:Wow I shouldn't complain, going on 7 weeks for my CS3 Goldtop :D

I would not rush them. Quality control is nothing like it used to be. I'm still waiting for my guitar to be built as I ordered it. I probably will not see my new guitar until September. And I hope they get it right this time. Good luck on yours!

relias7505
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby relias7505 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks Man, it will be worth the wait for especially you!
My Kiesel/Carvin collection: ST300 (M22SD bridge, S60A middle, Twin Blade neck), SCB6 (S22B bridge, S22J neck), Bolt Classic (AP11's in all positions), SH550 (S22T in the neck and bridge), CS3 Goldtop (Parallax bridge and Gambale neck), AC375, CL450 and CC275 12 String.

madvillebirdman

Postby madvillebirdman » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:38 am

relias7505 wrote:Thanks Man, it will be worth the wait for especially you!

Yes, it will. I'm not in any hurry. I just want it right and dependable.

relias7505
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby relias7505 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:48 am

Yes! Its my 8th one and they blow me away each time

madvillebirdman

Postby madvillebirdman » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:52 am

It's on the way! Again. I just got the shipping notice. I sure hope it's right this time.

relias7505
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby relias7505 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:37 am

:applause:

Fingers crossed!!

Return to The Waiting Room