Osiris 6

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, soundchick, peb, ChrisH, Bundy, RockCrue

MattW1000

Osiris 6

Postby MattW1000 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:59 am

Hi guys, my Osiris 6 arrived today the 23/06/2022 exactly 20 weeks including shipping to the UK. I’m so pleased with it, the finish is phenomenal and it plays and sounds just as good as everyone says (if not better!). Having never played a kiesel before buying one, I was relying heavily on the internet to get an idea of what they’d be like and i am far from disappointed. It is very similar to my Ibanez prestige S series, although the Osiris’ neck isn’t as thin even with the thinner neck option but I actually prefer it. I’ll post a pic below.
BBC78438-1C07-46DC-AA4C-769F6BD9CB5D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Osiris 6

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:19 pm

Awesome! That's a beauty.

I made the same comparison between my Aries, and my old Ibanez Prestige S. They felt very similar, but the Arie's flatter bottom edge made it sit better in my leg when playing while sitting.

Few necks are as thin as some of Ibanez's like the ones we had, but after having them for a few years, realized that my hands got sore quicker when playing them compared to some of my other guitars. Haven't owned one since, and don't miss those super thin necks.

85guitarist

Postby 85guitarist » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:05 am

Looks awesome dude. Colors compliment each other well. The roasted birds eye look awesome in the scheme you have going. Congrats brother! That’s awesome on the 20 weeks as well. If that stays steady I could be expecting mine in 6-8 more weeks. Enjoy it my dude!

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:13 pm

orangeburst is one of those colors that always looks great

MattW1000

Postby MattW1000 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:16 pm

Thanks guys! I was nervous about the walnut body after Jeff mentioning it was his least favourite, however I’m now realising it’s fairly subjective because I love it and it sounds amazing. Sure it’s a bit brighter and a bit heavier than other woods but I like that, being 6 foot 4 and 110kg it really doesn’t feel heavy to me. Going to be the longest 6-8 weeks ever dude! But worth the wait! You must post some pics of your build when it arrives!

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:12 pm

MattW1000 wrote:Thanks guys! I was nervous about the walnut body after Jeff mentioning it was his least favourite, however I’m now realising it’s fairly subjective because I love it and it sounds amazing. Sure it’s a bit brighter and a bit heavier than other woods but I like that, being 6 foot 4 and 110kg it really doesn’t feel heavy to me.

To be fair, Jeff is not the biggest guy in the world, lol. I think he's maybe 5'8" or something like that. I think that's driving Kiesel's move to smaller guitars overall. I've found that when you have builders who play, there's a tendency for them to want to build guitars that they themselves feel comfortable playing.

My big guitar need now gets fed by a builder who is over 6' tall. :lol:

Return to The Waiting Room