Threads by Owners of Specific Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Instruments

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, soundchick, peb, ChrisH, Bundy, RockCrue

marzzz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Headless Club

Postby marzzz » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Blue Mist Metallic
Last edited by marzzz on Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omsong
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Deep Tiger's Eye Flame
1-IMG_2330.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '20 Osiris 6, Deep Tiger's Eye Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+; '17 Fatboy;

El Cajon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby El Cajon » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Guys; I'd like to join the headless club, if it's okay.
I just acquired a new Vader VB5, that was delivered this past Saturday.
I will post some photos very soon!

El Cajon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby El Cajon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:00 pm

IMGP0120-1_edited-1.jpg
IMGP0119-1_edited-1.jpg
IMGP0118-1_edited-1.jpg
IMGP0116-2_edited-1.jpg

This is the new "Headless Horseman" that was delivered on the 22nd.
A very simple Vader VB5. Nothing fancy. Just a nice shiny all black bass!

IMGP0104_edited-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

Omsong
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Headless Horseman
Headless.jpg

Kiesel
Past tense

marzzz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marzzz » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:58 pm

marzzz wrote:OK, an update: It may be that the Oaks Grigsby superswitch (that I bought from StewMac and then forwarded on to Kiesel) is actually what's at fault here. I was playing the guitar last night prior to packing it up and sending back to Kiesel, when it suddenly started working properly (!?). Slightly wiggling the switch laterally (90° to the direction of usual travel) re-created the problem. I now have a call into StewMac, and if needed I will just have the switch replaced locally

Well, I see I never got back to you guys about this, but I ended up taking the guitar to a local tech (who works at Fender USA, of all places) and it turns out it was the Oaks Grigsby superswitch which was faulty. He replaced it and re-checked all of the wiring, the guitar works perfectly and is absolutely amazing now. I am literally in the process of selling off all my other guitars because I play it exclusively. Neck single coil is just great, pulling back on the tone a bit and it is close enough to a 22 fret sound for me, positions 2 and 4 have that right kind of "spanky" tone, position 3 combines neck and bridge and gives a unique sound (I have never owned a Tele so I can't compare, but I really like it as a tone choice), and I can have either the full humbucker or split it for a twangy "surf" sound in the bridge. The guitar itself has incredible sustain. Definitely glad I took the chance on an HSS Osiris, but Kiesel should make it an option because it works so well.

Omsong
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Thanks for the update, marzzz, and glad that the solution was a simple one.

Kiesel
Past tense

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:31 pm

Problems like that are so frustrating! glad it worked out!

One of the last times I built a cmputer, I not onlt had a bad motherboard (which took forever to diagnose), but then i got a replacement which ALSO was bad!!! What are the odds! :wall: :lol:

Jack'O'Licious
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Links/Contact:

Postby Jack'O'Licious » Thu May 21, 2020 7:51 am

I finally joined the headless club!
Kiesel's: 2017 DCM8, 2020 Vader 7X
Others: Peavey Raptor Plus (1st axe ever), Ernie Ball JP13, Ibanez RGEW521ZC
Basses: 2018 Dingwall NG-3 5 string, 2019 Dingwall NG-2 6 String

JCG
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby JCG » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:40 am

86970284_2586483231634963_3473976759701995520_o (4).jpg

rzbk777
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby rzbk777 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:10 am

JCG wrote:86970284_2586483231634963_3473976759701995520_o (4).jpg

Beautiful! :applause:

Physixdude

Postby Physixdude » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:16 am

Here is my Osiris O6X I got earlier in July, plays beyond anything I've had before.

JCG
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby JCG » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:41 am

DSCN4086 (2).JPG

gingerpie

Postby gingerpie » Thu May 26, 2022 7:07 pm

Can anyone comment on heel-mounted strap lock buttons on a headless and how it felt? I'm waiting on my HH2 and just realized the strap is mounted on the heel and not on the horn. Slighly concerned about the Dunlop strap lock poking me and/or being uncomfortable and wanted to see what the consensus was about it.

On a related note, I noticed it, HH2, has 2 buttons on the bottom of the guitar, is this for strap options? Any feedback on that? Thanks everyone, I'm about 9 weeks in on my Mahog neck & body and Koa top HH2 and cannot wait to get it!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu May 26, 2022 7:27 pm

gingerpie wrote:On a related note, I noticed it, HH2, has 2 buttons on the bottom of the guitar, is this for strap options? Any feedback on that? Thanks everyone, I'm about 9 weeks in on my Mahog neck & body and Koa top HH2 and cannot wait to get it!

Congrats on the eventual NGD!

As far as the two buttons, there's one primary purpose, and a secondary:
1) It lets you stand the guitar up and lean it against a sofa/chair or amp without a stand, and without damaging the paint job or the wood, or with the guitar wanting to top to one side or the other. At a gig or rehearsal space without a stand?

2) Since that bottom strap button can't be in the middle, any other location is going to be a bit unusual, so some prefer the bottom and some the top. I've heard someone say that as they've developed a bit of a gut, they've found the lower button helps the guitar stay more vertical. I've heard someone say they used the bottom one for playing while standing, and the top one for playing while sitting (up higher, because they don't like the guitar resting on their leg)

Since I've not owned one or played one for more than a couple of minutes, I can't speak much about the HH2's back-of-the-heel location, other than I used to have an SG copy with a normal strap button there, and it didn't bother me at all...but I've not owned a guitar like that with strap locks. One nice thing about the Dunlops Kiesle uses is that if you don't use the lock, the strap button itself still works just as well as a normal strap button (not all are like that).

gingerpie

Postby gingerpie » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:00 pm

spudmunkey wrote:
gingerpie wrote:On a related note, I noticed it, HH2, has 2 buttons on the bottom of the guitar, is this for strap options? Any feedback on that? Thanks everyone, I'm about 9 weeks in on my Mahog neck & body and Koa top HH2 and cannot wait to get it!

Congrats on the eventual NGD!

As far as the two buttons, there's one primary purpose, and a secondary:
1) It lets you stand the guitar up and lean it against a sofa/chair or amp without a stand, and without damaging the paint job or the wood, or with the guitar wanting to top to one side or the other. At a gig or rehearsal space without a stand?

2) Since that bottom strap button can't be in the middle, any other location is going to be a bit unusual, so some prefer the bottom and some the top. I've heard someone say that as they've developed a bit of a gut, they've found the lower button helps the guitar stay more vertical. I've heard someone say they used the bottom one for playing while standing, and the top one for playing while sitting (up higher, because they don't like the guitar resting on their leg)

Since I've not owned one or played one for more than a couple of minutes, I can't speak much about the HH2's back-of-the-heel location, other than I used to have an SG copy with a normal strap button there, and it didn't bother me at all...but I've not owned a guitar like that with strap locks. One nice thing about the Dunlops Kiesle uses is that if you don't use the lock, the strap button itself still works just as well as a normal strap button (not all are like that).

Thanks Spud! Saw one somewhere where he replaced the back button with a flush mount. Seems like that might take some wood removal; i'll let you know how it goes in a couple more months.

JCG
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby JCG » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:02 pm

IMG_0277.jpg

Oddmetersam

Postby Oddmetersam » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:38 pm

Hey, Gang!
Loving my Vader short-scale bass but lately I've noticed a buzz coming from the hipshot bridge on the A and D strings if I play aggressively. I've lost my original instruction sheet for bridge adjustments and can't find it online. Any advice? Thanks!

Return to Guitar & Bass Clubs