Kiesel Random Thoughts (not worth their own thread)

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick

DWG
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kiesel Random Thoughts (not worth their own thread)

Postby DWG » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Hmmmm...... :?

Is it me, or did something change on facebook recently? Can you no longer access the Kiesel Guitars Facebook page without signing in?

DWG

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:47 pm

DWG wrote:Hmmmm...... :?

Is it me, or did something change on facebook recently? Can you no longer access the Kiesel Guitars Facebook page without signing in?

DWG

I'm getting a "something went wrong" message, not a "you need to log in" message, for whatever thatxs worth. :think:

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:48 am

spudmunkey wrote:Sending one to Ola is like sending one to AvE or This Old Tony. :laughhard:

So much for the "at least Kiesel didn't send one to Ola," argument. They sent two. :?

Screenshot 2021-04-18 114646.png

Screenshot 2021-04-18 114755.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 am

helldorado wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:Sending one to Ola is like sending one to AvE or This Old Tony. :laughhard:

So much for the "at least Kiesel didn't send one to Ola," argument. They sent two. :?

No no, my comment specifically was about the Acoustisonic. :)

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:25 pm

spudmunkey wrote:
helldorado wrote:

No no, my comment specifically was about the Acoustisonic. :)

Regardless, Kiesel has officially jumped the shark when it comes to the loaner and giveaway guitars for youtubers... I think what really burns is they're premium $3k+ builds in most cases. :?

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Companies like showing off flagship builds. I don't know why exactly, but kind of understand it. Flaunting the skills and woods selection. I prefer a more muted showing of abilities, but that's not exactly worked in my favor, either, as I'm some unknown bumpkin who plays a slightly more known guitar brand.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:24 am

UnexplodedCow wrote:Companies like showing off flagship builds. I don't know why exactly, but kind of understand it. Flaunting the skills and woods selection. I prefer a more muted showing of abilities, but that's not exactly worked in my favor, either, as I'm some unknown bumpkin who plays a slightly more known guitar brand.

That's totally true, and I get that part, you want to put your best foot forward. Even though more of his commenters were excited about the neon orange solar than they were about a satin kiesel that made the flame top look dull. Maybe they should've sent something satin in KRG or hot pink that would just pop off the screen?

I guess I should say, it's annoying to see Ola get handed a mastergrade top when he's like, "uh, I don't even know what the name of this model is," or "what specs are on this guitar, I don't even know, I'll have to ask the guys." He was clearly not that excited and he doesn't care about getting a free or loaner Kiesel. His goal is to sell Solar guitars and get views because that's where his revenue streams lie. So the only reason he would even have a Kiesel on his page is to get the views and stir up the fanboys and haters.

On the flip side, I wholly support Kiesel giving some amazing builds to guys their endorsed artists McRocklin and Johnny Hiland because they are musicians first, and are out there repping Kiesel hard. McRocklin really impresses the hell out of me with his polished and smooth his livestreams are, he just comes off as really authentic, is a super talented player, and has a love of music and truly appreciates being a Kiesel artist. So I'm all about Kiesel supporting the hell out of him because that's just a fantastic mutual relationship.

Whereas you know a lot of the other "personalities" that Kiesel puts guitars in the hands of, they would just as quickly jump ship and get on board with somebody else if the opportunity is there. They're just vultures. :?

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:55 am

So I seriously dig McRocklin. I think he's authentic, down to earth, an overall good guy who is an amazingly skilled but tasteful player and is a really great brand ambassador for Kiesel (and Fishman). Honestly, he's one of the only guys who does a livestream that I actually care to watch and he does a fantastic job with them. So if I'm on FB with some free time when he's on, I will catch them when I can.

Today I asked when he was going to get a Kiesel sig to go with his upcoming Fishman sig pickups.

https://www.facebook.com/fishmanmusic/v ... 1220527289
2021-04-19_12-26-55.jpg

His response was fantastic :lol:

"You know what's going down! You know what's going down... you know, all good things to uh, those who wait."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:05 pm

there seems to be a lot of posts in the FB group about people being triggered because they're triggering people or something where everybody gets butthurt because somebody didn't stroke somebody else's ego... or in other words, your normal Tuesday on Facebook. :lol:

That's all I got to say about that.

Omsong
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 pm

I guarantee that you'll get flamed if you even suggest that you don't think that such and such Kiesel isn't absolutely the most amazing and creative build that you've ever seen. (And that goes for some signature artist tunes, too.) Geez, sometimes they are just so over the top ugly that I really have to hold back from commenting! I'm not out to hurt anyone's feelings, as we all like different things, but sometimes the emperor is wearing no cloths and everybody's afraid to say so.
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '20 Osiris 6, Deep Tiger's Eye Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+; '17 Fatboy;

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:44 am

Omsong wrote:I guarantee that you'll get flamed if you even suggest that you don't think that such and such Kiesel isn't absolutely the most amazing and creative build that you've ever seen. (And that goes for some signature artist tunes, too.) Geez, sometimes they are just so over the top ugly that I really have to hold back from commenting! I'm not out to hurt anyone's feelings, as we all like different things, but sometimes the emperor is wearing no cloths and everybody's afraid to say so.

It's pretty ridiculous. But some people are really driven by the likes and attention they get for doing over the top builds. It also makes me chuckle when you have folks making very dramatic posts about how they don't like all the drama. :?

In the old days of the internet, the flame wars spawned by this type of behavior would've been glorious. But now I just laugh at people and move one. Ain't nobody got time for that. :lol:

Sunset
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sunset » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:13 am

helldorado wrote:It's pretty ridiculous. But some people are really driven by the likes and attention they get for doing over the top builds. It also makes me chuckle when you have folks making very dramatic posts about how they don't like all the drama. :?

In the old days of the internet, the flame wars spawned by this type of behavior would've been glorious. But now I just laugh at people and move one. Ain't nobody got time for that. :lol:

Aside from pseudo-intellectual clowns desperately trying to present their opinions as fact and be “right”, I think the bolded above is the thing that bothers me most about bbs and fb etc. The willingness of some types to say vile things sitting behind a keyboard that would get their faces split open if they ever had the stones to say such things in person. Zero repercussion situations are a recipe for less than civil interaction imo.

And knowing that these social media platforms are specifically designed to deliver that sweet, sweet serotonin hit and affect the brain chemistry toward addiction doesn’t let em off the hook in my book either.

Not trying to blow sunshine up anyone’s backside, but the lack of that sort of behavior is one of the reasons I like it around here.

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:25 am

Sunset wrote:The willingness of some types to say vile things sitting behind a keyboard that would get their faces split open if they ever had the stones to say such things in person. Zero repercussion situations are a recipe for less than civil interaction imo.

That's what I miss about some of the car boards I used to be on back then. There were always meets and people would travel halfway across the country for some of them. It was inevitable that you'd run into somebody that you had gotten into it with on a forum argument. Most of the time you'd realize you actually got along a lot better in person, have a couple drinks and bury the hatchet. But it was fun to watch the guys who blew the most smoke online tuck their tail and run. :lol:

Sunset
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sunset » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:02 pm

The moto community is same/same. Watching a couple keyboard badasses squirm when they both show up for a group ride was hilarious. Watching them consider the dental bills and decide to just hug it out even more so.

Interesting to note that the racers were far more civil with each other online because they knew they’d be seeing the other guy face to face next month.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Sat May 01, 2021 10:16 pm

I always wanted to be in one of those local bands that has a banner with their logo on it.
And it was fun to take the Bolt to a gig again. ;)
Eagles-563_n.jpg
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Return to The Backstage Lounge