Acoustic Bass Guitar

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick

cheframennoodle

Acoustic Bass Guitar

Postby cheframennoodle » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:11 am

Would be great to see a new acoustic bass guitar, perhaps even a headless multiscale. Is Kiesel done making anything acoustic unless it's a "thinline" style?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Acoustic Bass Guitar

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:01 pm

Even their old acoustic basses were just chambered solid bodies:

The Zeus Acoustic guitar was only made my Jeff for himself to have a couch guitar, and there was enough staff feedback that there might be some people who'd also want one. It's not particularly a hot seller, though, and basses are something like 1% of their sales qty volume. A a bass version of it would be a niche of a niche. I wouldn't hold my breath.

That said, I thought the same thing about there ever being an "explorer"-style body shape, and 24.75" scale option on the CS, so what do I know? :lol:

Currently, their only guitar made like a "real" acoustic is the AC375. I've never seen an interior shot of an AE185 to know how it differed from the discontinued SH250/275, which was also just a chambered solid body. Then there's the SH550/575, FG1 and SH6 which are semi-hollow carved tops with pretty significant open area inside...but other than that, everything else has been or is just a chambered solid body. (Of course, not counting the Cobalt line, which they never made themselves...just Cort acoustics with Carvin on the headstocks).

But, the best thing you can do is post the suggestion on Jeff's social media like Instagram, or maybe ask about it on one of their Facebook like Q&As. If they get enough feedback on the idea, all things are possible.

Or, get relatively famous, and only sign-on with the caveat that they make something specific for you, like what happened with Dan Jacobs and the Hyperdrive shape, or Andy James and the Evertune. :lol:

timsedgwick

Re: Acoustic Bass Guitar

Postby timsedgwick » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:38 am

The old AC series were fantastic basses. I would like to see a revised model as well. I do understand they weren't big sellers, but I have two AC50s and will never part with them. If of interest, I posted a sound file in the Carvin Made Music forum of my AC50.

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses