A Good Source...

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick

Randy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

A Good Source...

Postby Randy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:22 am

Greetings all!

It's been a while since I've hung out with y'all... Glad to see some familiar names around who are still active(!)

Been without a Carvin/Kiesel bass for a few years now, but I'm looking to rejoin via an older C/K 5-string. I've checked a few places I often frequent (TB & Reverb), but to no avail. Actually, there is one I've got my eye on, but it looks as though it's had a hard life and a bit over my meager budget as well.

So,... anyone have a favorite source for finding those hidden gems?

Greg Emm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: A Good Source...

Postby Greg Emm » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi, Randy. Nice to see you.

Never thought I'd share that GC online's been the best source for used C/K bass purchases, but it has been. When I've been looking, I check the inventory several times a day until something cool comes up. The only downside is that the really good deals are often sold within minutes of having been posted, and there's a delay on the GC end pulling down the description. So you think you've scored, and then ... too late! You see the "Who turned down the music" screen and know you've been denied.

Hope all's well, Good luck.

Greg

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:19 pm

Music-Go-Round is another source that you may not see on Reverb and they usually have solid prices on used items.

https://www.musicgoround.com/products/G ... vin&page=1

Randy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Randy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:42 pm

Thanks guys!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:45 pm

There are a couple websites that will let you search Craigslist nation-wide. It can scare people when they get an email asking if they can ship, so it takes a lot more accommodation on your part to make them comfortable with even the idea, but that's how I got my Alvarez 12-string from Oklahoma, when I live in California.

There's also a slim chance eBay might have something if you sort by "ending soonest" that ends at odd hours of the night that people might be (literally) sleeping on.

Good luck on your search!

Randy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Randy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:11 am

spudmunkey wrote:There are a couple websites that will let you search Craigslist nation-wide. It can scare people when they get an email asking if they can ship, so it takes a lot more accommodation on your part to make them comfortable with even the idea, but that's how I got my Alvarez 12-string from Oklahoma, when I live in California.

There's also a slim chance eBay might have something if you sort by "ending soonest" that ends at odd hours of the night that people might be (literally) sleeping on.

Good luck on your search!

Thanks!

It's funny to see you bring that up. Recently I posted a bunch of unused gear on our local Craigslist and I got an email from a guy in California who wanted to buy some of my old pedals. Of course my first thought was it's a scammer, but after checking out his Reverb store and trading a few emails with each other, I was surprised to discover he was legitimate. During the whole transaction I remained skeptical, and prepared myself to get burned, but everything went well. Turned out to be a good guy.

It's reassuring to find honest people online, and makes me reconsider the state of our world when it happens :)

These searches are always fun. Even if I don't end up with another bass, I've chatted with some good folks who share in the love of music ;)

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 am

Which model are you looking for?

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses